Hot this week
- Roxy™ Sweet - Snowboard Goggles - Snowboard Goggles - Girls - ONE SIZE - White£10.80Almost gone
- BLIZZARD Quattro RX DEMO Skis 2017 w/ IQ Xcell 14 Binding 8A604700D£376.543 left
- MASTERS UNLIMITED JUNIOR SKI POLES NEW 01W24£18.827 left
- Black Adjustable Ski Pole Shoulder Hand Carrier Lash Handle Straps Porter£1.9916 sold
- Nevica Kids Vail Ski Poles Juniors Snow Sports Skiing Accessories£5.005 sold
- Rona Ross Zin Colour Sun Block Stick SPF 30 (9 colours) EXPRESS P&P£4.504 sold
- VOLKL MANTRA SKIS with SALOMON STH2 13 Binding NEW 116382K£447.333 sold
- Padded Ski Bag 195cm + Boot Bag NEW - Quality Design - Black Snow Travel Bags£43.233 sold
Make an offer
- Head Skis various lengths 170 - 149 cm with Bindings£70.00+ £0.00 postageMake offer
- SKIS Carving/ All Mountain-ROSSIGNOL PURSUIT 13x CARBON-170cm GOOD SKIS !!!£69.30+ £22.00 postageMake offer
- WOMEN'S WHITE & GOLD SALOMON DIVINE RS 7 SKI BOOTS SIZE 25.5£75.00Free postageMake offer
- Rossignol S7 Skis 195cm with Marker Griffon Schizo Bindings£150.00+ £25.00 postageMake offer
- SKIS All Mountain/ Freeride- K2 SIDESHOW with MARKER GRIFFON bindings-181cm£99.00+ £22.00 postageMake offer
- SALOMON FOCUS CARVER SKIS - USED ONCE AND IN EXCELLENT CONDITION£159.00Free postageMake offer
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
Downhill skiing is one of life's ultimate experiences. Those who are lucky enough to have been on piste know that nothing can beat the rush of a carving turn, the thrill of powder, and the immense beauty of the mountains. There are a great range of downhill skiing skis, clothing, and equipment on offer, catering for the needs of all from beginners to hardy off piste pros.
With such a range of designs and types on offer selecting a pair of downhill skis can be pretty daunting. The first thing to consider is size. As a general rule of thumb skis should stand between your chin and shoulder. Longer skis will enable you to go faster but may be harder to turn in. Narrow skis assist with tighter turns whilst wider skis are great for use in powder. There are a number of specialist skis available such as twin tips designed for tricks and skills, racing skis designed for pure speed and mini skis designed for messing around in snow parks.
Ski poles are a useful aid for balance and control. When held upside down your hand should rest in the basket of the ski pole with your elbow cocked at a right angle from your body. When buying online, measure the distance between your cocked arm and the floor. Aim to purchase a pole two inches taller than the distance measured.
Ski boots will never be a comfy fit, but they are an essential component of your equipment. Ski boot sizes and inner shapes vary by brand. It is generally advised to go with what you have used before.
Skiing is a winter sport and immensely fun, however you will not get the most out of your time on piste if you are uncomfortably cold. As a result it is recommended that you buy specialist skiing jackets, salopettes, gloves, thermals, and helmets for protection.