Common Questions About Enterprise Network Switches Cisco Catalyst 3750-X
With the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X series switches, you can support the most demanding applications. The energy-efficient access switches are stackable and easy to launch and operate. In adding their availability, security, and quality of service (QoS) to your network, you can enhance efficiency and boost productivity across the board with many affordable options available in this vast eBay collection.What are Cisco 3750X series switches?
The Cisco 3750X series switches are enterprise-class wiring closet switches that allow you to deploy secure converged applications while making the most of investment protection for evolving network and application specifications. They enhance the productivity of your staff by enabling applications like encryption, IP telephony, video, and wireless. They use 10/100/1000 and Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) or GE SFP configurations with four optional uplinks. The switches build on previous Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E series switches.What features do Cisco 3750X Series switches offer?
- Security: With Flexible NetFlow, you're protected against malicious behaviour and intent. Safeguard data using MACsec Layer 2 encryption. With TrustSec, you're provided with identity-based access.
- Networking Services: Medianet services allow collaborations anytime. SmartOperations keep LAN deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting simple. StackWise Plus, along with high-availability abilities for stackable access switches, greatly reduces downtime.
- Qos and Category-best availability: Nonstop communications are assured by cooling fans, hot-swappable power supplies, and network modules. Critical business traffic is prioritised with priority queuing. Troubleshooting is easy as is validating network readiness.
- Energy Efficiency: Cisco's EnergyWise power management increases stability and reduces OpEx. Cisco's StackPower helps with power management efficiency. It supports up to 48 PoE+ ports, Cisco UPOE (60W per port), and energy-efficient Ethernet.
- Investment Protection: Make a smooth transition to IPv6 with full support. You can upgrade your software platform or add new functionality with low disruption.
EnergyWise is a Cisco power management solution across an entire enterprise, enabling the network to control, monitor, and report all power users. Instrumentation for enhanced EnergyWise support is built into the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X series switches. The system board and power supplies have the instrumentation to monitor and report specific power properties from the system like the current, input/output power, and voltage.What management ports are available?
This series of switches provides two types of console ports and one OOB Ethernet port. The console ports can't be used simultaneously, however. The RJ-45 console gets the output of the USB console, too, when it's used. When the USB console port is in use, the design lets administrators see, which is a useful feature for remote administrators. The ports available are:
- USB Type B console port
- Standard RJ-45 serial port
- 10/100 Ethernet management port