What You Need to Know About the Stylish Fiat 500 Classic Models
The inexpensive Fiat 500 was a practical car that appealed to many motorists due to its distinctive style. If you're looking to own this beauty, eBay can help you find a rare classic Fiat 500 for sale at a reasonable price.Types of classic 500 models
For ease of comparison, any used Fiat 500 for sale can be categorised into one of five distinct classes. Details about these classic Fiat 500 variations are listed below:
- Nuova 500: The original Nouva was produced between 1957 and 1961. It ran on a 479cc two-cylinder engine. It is distinguished by a fabric roof that is foldable to the rear. Launched in mid-1958, the Sports version could reach a respectable 105km/h.
- Nuova 500 D: This Fiat 500 classic model was produced between 1960 and 1965. It retained the shape of the original design, but the car was powered by a 499cc engine and the roof was not stretchable to the rear. The transformable fully stretched roof was optional.
- Nuova 500 F & L Models: Produced between 1965 and 1973, these old Fiat 500 models are easily distinguished by their front-hinged doors instead of the back-hinged "suicide doors" on the earlier models. Similarly, Version L is an updated version of F, which includes chrome plastic mouldings, Fiat badge, and tabular guards protecting the front bumpers.
- 500 Giardiniera: The estate version is easily recognisable due to its stretched size. Produced between 1960 and 1968, the engine is set under the floor to create a flat surface and the metal roof extends all the way to the end unlike other models.
- 500 R Rinnovata: Produced between 1971 and 1976, this was a simpler version of Nuova R & L models whose focus was on comfortable seating and space.
The Fiat 500 F model was sold under the same badge as Fiat 500 D in the first four years of its production, starting from 1965. For first-time buyers, these models may look identical in design. However, on closer inspection, you will notice the front-hinged doors in the Fiat F model cars instead of the door opening backward as was customary in earlier car designs. Another major difference is the use of a 499cc engine in Fiat F instead of the original 479cc used in the Fiat 500 old model D.The Abarth 695 SS Sports Version
For sports car enthusiasts and collectors of rare cars, the Abarth 695 SS is a prized item. Nearly 1,000 of these were produced between 1964 and 1971, and they are easily distinguishable by their red stripes on a white body. Mechanically superior to standard models, this auto could reach speeds of 140 km/h with a displacement of 689.5cc.How do you choose the right Fiat 500?
When you decide to buy a pre-owned Fiat 500, you must decide on the model you prefer as well as the purpose of the vehicle. If you want a vintage Fiat 500 for sale in the UK, there are some available on eBay. You can find classic models, too.