Shop by Brand
Shop by Colour Depth
Hot this week
- Fujitsu Fi-5220C 5220 A4 Colour Duplex Flatbed & Document Scanner - PA03484-B531£145.00Almost gone
- EPSON Perfection V550 Photo Scanner 6400 x 9600 dpi Black A4 USB 2.0£179.99Almost gone
- Canon CanoScan Lide220 Flatbed Scanner 9623B010AA (£55 ExVAT)£66.00Almost gone
- HP Scanjet N6350 High speed A4 Colour duplex network document scanner£155.00Almost gone
- 6218B008 Canon Canonscan 9000F MKII flatbed upto9600dpi. Professional film, phot£184.263 left
- Epson GT-15000 USB A3 Flatbed Colour Scanner 15000 GT-15000 B11B160011 JM£349.995 left
- Canon CanoScan 9000F Mark II (A4) Flatbed Scanners 1.2msec/line£175.202 sold
- Canon CanoScan 9000F Mark II Flatbed Colour Scanner£193.471 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- HP Scanjet 4070 Photosmart Scanner Flatbed Photo Film 2400dpi 48bit£19.99+ £0.00 postageMake offer
- Plustek OpticBook 3900 Flatbed Scanner compatible with Mac OS & Windows£99.99+ £13.75 postageMake offer
- FUJITSU FI-6230Z 24-Bit CCD 600 x 600 DPI ADF Flatbed Sheet-Fed Scanner£111.95+ £6.79 postageMake offer
Flatbed scanners are a practical and functional piece of home office equipment. The scanner has a flat glass surface on which to place a sheet of paper, open book or other item for scanning.
Scanners are available from a range of brands, including HP, Fujitsu and Canon.
Flatbed scanner resolution types
The 9600 x 9600 DPI range of flatbed scanners are typically compact in size and shape. Most styles can easily handle professional film, photos, slides and documents.
Desktop flatbed scanners of 4800 x 9600 DPI can transfer images up to A4 size. The optical resolution and transparency unit can scan slides, film and negatives, as well as documents.
Flatbed scanjet scanners with 4800 x 4800 DPI scanning resolution make light work of heavy scanning loads. This type of computer scanner is ideal for the busy home office that deals with a lot of documentation and paperwork.
Typical features of flatbed scanners
Optical flatbed scanners, are a type of copier , and are designed to scan flat items that are placed directly onto the flat glass surface.
All models of flatbed scanners have a top that lifts up to expose the glass surface. When the sensor head is scanning, it moves and the item that is being scanned remains stationary on the surface.
Most models of flatbed scanners feature a convenient sheet feeder that allows for the scanning of multiple sheets of paper. This means that you don't have to scan one sheet of paper at a time.
Flatbed scanners produce a high quality scan because the material remains motionless.
The versatile glass top of a flatbed scanner allows you to scan anything that fits on the surface.
Choosing scanners for home office use
It's important to consider your home office needs when choosing the perfect flatbed scanner. Opt for a versatile model that can deliver high quality scans.
Choose a practical flatbed scanner that is compact in size, but produces professional quality reproduction.