Garden Plaques & Signs
Garden plaques and signs are used to add some colour and character to your garden. They are a great way of personalising your outdoor space and making a statement.
Not only are they pleasant to look at, but they can also be entertaining and informative. Garden plaques and signs are available in a range of shapes, sizes, colours, and materials to suit your beloved garden, large or small.
They are suitable for front and back gardens alike and are equally at home in a vegetable plot or flower bed. Even if you don’t have a garden, signs and plaques can be used to decorate flower pots and window boxes.
Types of plaques and signs
Garden plaques and signs are available in a huge range of styles. Signs can be made from wood, stone, metal, resin, or even plastic, and are available in various sizes.
Garden plaques can show your love of anything including fairies, animals, vintage style and mythology. Some garden signs are flat, while others are sculpted and ornate.
Benefits of garden plaques and signs
- Decoration – Garden plaques and signs can brighten up a dull fence, add colour to a lifeless corner, or cover up any unsightly features. They can help create a garden theme, for example rustic, country house, or vintage style
- Information – They can help visitors find their way around your garden, make them feel welcome, or warn them of loose pets
- Entertain – Garden plaques such as gargoyles, or signs with amusing phrases can be entertaining, showing your unique personality. Inspirational quotes will help turn your garden into your own personal haven
How to use garden plaques and signs
Garden plaques and signs are designed to have an impact, and give your garden personality, whilst using very little effort.
- Simple installation - Garden plaques and signs are simple to install. They can be stuck into or placed on the ground, hung up on a wall or fence, or from a tree branch
- Maintenance – They require very little maintenance, a quick wipe with a damp cloth is all you need to keep them looking their best. Wooden signs can be affected by weather conditions and may benefit from a quick touch up with paint after a few years. Stone plaques should be protected from growths like moss using cleaning fluids.