Shop by category
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
Godin Guitars & Basses
Godin are a Canadian based company who specialise in manufacturing stringed instruments. They have been manufacturing guitars since 1972.
Godin guitars and basses are assembled in Richmond, Berlin, Quebec and New Hampshire. They also known for owning their several other brands: Seagull, Simon and Patrick, Norman, LaPatrie and Art And Lutherie.
Caring for your guitar or bass
If you look after your guitar, you will enjoy years of play:
- Keep it clean – Over time, your guitar or bass will begin to gather unwanted dust. Because of this, it is a good idea to ensure that it is both clean and free of dust as this can make the strings wear away faster
- Play regularly – Playing your guitar or bass regularly will help it to age naturally
- Treat the fretboard – Treating the fretboard every once in a while is imperative as it can become thirsty. It is usually best to treat the fretboard each time you change the strings
- Buy a case – Buying a case is a good idea, especially if you wish to travel with your instrument, as it can prevent damage to a certain extent
When should I replace the strings on my guitar or bass?
There are several signs your strings may need replacing. Look out for:
- Inability to tune – Eventually when strings get old, one may find it hard to correctly tune a certain string
- Strings sound dull – After a while, strings may begin to sound dull, but with new strings, it will breathe life into your tone
- Rust on the strings – Over time, the strings can start to corrode; many factors can contribute to the corrosion building up on the strings, such as oils, sweat dirt, humidity and more
- Strings shed their coating - This only happens on coated strings, and this is mainly due to with the age of the strings.