What to Know When Buying Hair Curling Crimpers on eBay
Hair is one of the most important beauty assets of a woman. In fact, hair is one of the first things that others notice about you on a first encounter. If you want to have curly hair in a matter of minutes, you can purchase affordable hair curling crimpers on eBay.How hot do the curling tongs have to be?
There are different power outages of curling crimpers. Typically, the finer and softer your hair is, the lower the temperature your hair will require to curl and stay that way. Thicker and courser hair requires higher temperatures to curl. To get crimpers that are good for your hair type, choose a maximum temperature that will prevent you from going to a higher temperature than your hair can tolerate. See the manufacturer site for details. This will lower power consumption and prevent you from burning or damaging your hair. The maximum temperature ranges that curlers fall under are:
- Less than 100 degrees Celsius
- 175-199 degrees Celsius
- 200-250 degrees Celsius
Whether you choose used or new hair clamps, you can find them with different features for your convenience and better performance. These include:
- Adjustable heat: Most of the hair curlers do have adjustable heat via a dial that regulates the temperature.
- Auto shut-off: If you often forget to turn off electrical devices, you can get a curler that turns off automatically when not in use to prevent the risk of fire.
- Safety stand: Some hair styling products have a safety stand that allows you to place it on a flat surface while you are not using it. This will prevent it from burning the surface that it comes in contact with.
- Cordless: Although most products are corded curlers, there are cordless curlers that allow you more freedom when using them in a large space.
- Instant heat: Some hair care curlers are made to heat instantly when you turn them on.
- Swivel cord: A swivel cord allows you to rotate the curler around its cord without accidentally wrapping the cord around the product.
- Travel lock: Some crimpers have a travel lock that prevents them from opening up when you are transporting them to avoid breakage.
- Cool tip: To keep you from burning yourself with the hot tip for the crimpers when you put them close to your neck or ears, some devices have a cool tip that does not heat along with the rest of the plate.
The plates are the part of the curler that is heated. You can buy a curler with different types of plates. The materials that these plates can be made from are titanium, tourmaline, ceramic, or a combination of ceramic and tourmaline.