Shop by Brand
Shop by Key
Save on Harmonicas
- Aklot Blues Harmonica Chromatic Key of C 10 Holes 40 Tone Musical Instrument£16.89Trending at £17.16
- Lee Oskar Harmonica, D£26.99Trending at £39.33
- Hohner Blues Harp MS. Harmonica. Available in all Keys£28.99Trending at £29.46
- Chase Blues Harmonica Diatonic Tremolo Key of C Major Mouth Organ Country Folk£3.99Trending at £4.05
- Hohner Silver Star Harmonica -Key of D. Brilliant Quality At A Budget Price !!!£12.25Trending at £12.45
- Swan Chromatic Harmonica Mouth Organ 12 Holes with 48 Tone Key of C Reed Wi G4Y1£27.86Trending at £28.74
- Chromatic Harmonica Silver tone 16 hole 64 Mouth Music Instruments I4R0£32.86Trending at £33.56
- Hohner Golden Melody Harmonica (Mouth Organ/Harp) All Keys Available FREE UK P&P£29.99Trending at £32.19
- Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major 700600989025£4.99 New£3.98 Used
Hot this week
- Toy Harmonica Musical Harmonicas 16 Holes Key of C Mouth Organ Guitar Sound New£2.954 left
- Aklot Blues Harmonica Chromatic Key of C 10 Holes 40 Tone Musical Instrument£16.895 left
- New Silver Swan Harmonica 10 Hole Key of C for Blues Rock Jazz Folk Harmonica UK£4.4929 sold
- Children Kids 16 Holes Wooden Harmonica Musical Instrument Educational Gifts£1.7928 sold
- Chase Diatonic Tremolo Harmonica C Major 10 Holes 20 Tone Mouth Organ Blues Harp£3.9918 sold
- SWAN SILVER HARMONICA 10 HOLE KEY OF C FOR BLUES ROCK JAZZ FOLK UK SELLER£4.4915 sold
- Stagg Harmonica 10 Hole In Key Of A B Bb C D E F G - Diatonic - Blues Harp Set£3.9910 sold
- harmonica - practice / student or child - brand new and free post !!£3.298 sold
- Aklot Blues Harmonica Chromatic Key of C 10 Holes 40 Tone Musical Instrument£44.81
- Rocket Slide Chromatic Harmonica in C Major£40.63MSRP Previous price£55.20
- Genuine SWAN SW1248 12 Holes 48 Tone Chromatic Harmonica Key of C£34.09
- Lee Oskar Major Diatonic Harmonica in C£34.01
- Hohner Diatonic Harmonica - Special 20 HM - A£50.57
- Adjustable Suitable 10 Hole Harmonica Neck Rack Mount Holder Stand W&T£3.45
- 180x50x0.6cm EVA foam Picnic Yoga Fitness Outdoor Exercise Pad Mats W4M3£3.51
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
A harmonica is a free reed wind instrument that is also known as a mouth organ or a French harp.
It is played using the lips and tongue to direct air into holes situated along a mouthpiece into a chamber containing a minimum of one reed, which is usually made from a form of metal.
The harmonica is popular in a range of music genres including jazz, country, Blues, folk and classical.
Types of harmonica
There are a variety of types of harmonica but the most well-known are:
- Chromatic – typically used in jazz and classical music; a chromatic harmonica allows you to play any type of scale and any key.
- Diatonic – typically used in Blues, rock, country and folk music, diatonic harmonicas allow you to play a complete seven-note major scale.
- Tremolo-tuned – diatonic harmonicas built with double holes, tremolo models each contain two reeds tuned to the same note, with one slightly higher than the other.
- Octave – similar to the Tremolo but both reeds are tuned one octave apart
- Special-tuned diatonic – for musicians that need more notes and scales than the chromatic or diatonic can offer.
There are also harmonica trios, orchestrals and groups which include chord harmonicas, bass harmonicas and Polyphonias.
Benefits of playing a harmonica
There are a number health benefits attributed to playing a harmonica, including:
- Improved breathing control
- Increased lung capacity and power
- Reduced anxiety, stress and depression
- Regulated blood pressure and heart rate
- Improved levels of concentration and communication
Caring for a harmonica
- Always keep in a hard case to avoid damage
- Keep at room temperature in a dry environment, away from extreme conditions
- Avoid dust and excess moisture
- Always clean after use with a dry microfibre cloth to clear any moisture after playing. Rubbing alcohol can be used to shift any grime and fingerprints
- Avoid salty air, such as a beach, as this can cause the reeds to rust