The Low-Down on Honda Africa Twin Motorcycles and Scooters
Honda started making dual-sport twin motorcycles and scooters in 1998. Dual-sport motorcycles are typically designed to be ridden on the road and off of it. Here is what you should know about a Honda Africa Twin for sale in the UK.What types of Africa Twins are available on eBay?
The Honda African Twin for sale has three vehicle types: Enduro/Supermoto, Sports Touring, and Tourer.
- Enduro/Supermoto: Enduro/Supermoto motorcycles are made for both street and dirt riding. They are also used for competitive racing events.
- Sports Touring: The Africa Twin Sports Touring bike is a mixture of a sports bike and a touring bike. It is good for long rides because it is designed to provide a high level of comfort when riding for long distances.
- Tourer: Tourer motorcycles are designed for long-distance riding. They typically have large windscreens, large fuel tanks, and upright seats to help keep the rider comfortable. This model type is usually not used for off-road rides.
Honda built CRF, VFR, XLV, and XRV models. Here are some highlights of each model type:
- The CFR1000L models have an automatic dual-clutch transmission and can go from 0-100 km/hr in 4.3 seconds. The dimensions are: length 2195 mm, width 815 mm, and height 1195 mm.
- The VFR models have a six-speed transmission with disc brakes. The used Africa Twin for sale has a length of 2285 mm, a width of 915 mm, and a height of 1335 mm.
- The XLV model has an electric start with an air and oil cooling system. The XLVR model has a wheelbase of 1480 mm and a height of 860 mm.
- The XRV 750 model has a width of 895 mm for models built between 1990 and 1992. Models built from 1993 have a width of 905 mm. The XRV models for all years have a length of 2315 mm, a height of 2380 mm, and a wheelbase of 1,565 mm.
Honda uses three different engine sizes that range from 675 - 824 ccs, 975 - 1159 ccs, and 1160 - 1334 ccs.
- The Honda Honda XRV 750 and the Honda XLV750R have a 742cc engine.
- Honda models CRF1000L and the CRFA-G have a 998cc engine.
- The Honda VFR 1200X has a 1237cc engine.
- Honda XLV models have a 749cc engine.
The most common colours for an affordable Africa Twin for sale in the UK are black, blue, green, orange, red, silver, and white.