Buying Humber Classic Cars: What to Know
Humber Limited was one of the earliest British auto manufacturers, and it produced cars through 1967. Humber classic cars are available in a range of models and model years. On eBay, you can choose from different specifications, colours, and body styles of Humber cars for sale at reasonable prices.Which models of gently used Humber cars are available?
The available models of old Humber cars include:
- Pullman: This model was available from 1930 to 1967 and spanned three generations of updates.
- Imperial: This was an upgraded version of the Pullman, and it featured a limousine body. After World War II, the name reverted to Pullman.
- Snipe: This was produced from 1930 to 1940, and again from 1945 to 1948.
- Super Snipe: This model was produced from 1945 to 1952 in three trim levels or versions.
There are several available body styles of used Humber cars for sale, including the saloon, which is available on the Humber Pullman, Humber Spectre for sale, Humber Snipe, and Humber Super Snipe. Another body style is the drop-head coupe, which was used on the Mark I version of the Humber Super Snipe cars. The Super Snipe was also available as an estate car, with a hinged back door, large cargo area, and two-box design. Before World War II, the Humber Pullman was available in a limousine body style. The Landaulette style was available for the Humber Pullman. It used a convertible hood to cover the rear passengers.Specifications of used Humber cars for sale
The specifications of the low-cost, classic Humber cars include:
- Engine size: The range is 2,651 to 4,086 cubic centimetres.
- Transmission: They feature three- to five-speed manual transmissions with optional overdrive. Some vintage Humber cars have an automatic conversion.
- Wheel base: The range is 2.360 to 2.904 metres.
- Length: The range is 4.010 to 5.004 metres.
- Width: The range is 1.760 to 1.995 metres.
When you're shopping for a Humber car, consider its:
- Condition: There are used, running Humber cars and parts-only vintage Humber cars available.
- Model year: The range Humber cars were available is from 1899 to 1967.
- Colour: Some options include black, blue, beige, tan, and camouflage paint.
- Application: There are civilian models and Humber Light reconnaissance cars for the British military.
- Number of doors: They have four or five doors.