Hydroponic Nutrients, pH & Supplements
Hydroponic (grown without soil) nutrients are mineral based plant supplements that stimulate plant growth.
They are designed to replace the nutrients that plants would have otherwise received from soil.
Types of Hydroponic Nutrients
- Bloom Stimulators – encourage the development of new flowers. They offer plants an opportunity to develop to their fullest potential, though it is important to remember that it is more of an additive than a nutrient
- Growth Stimulators – capitalise on a plant’s growing phase. After the blooming phase, the nutrients that a plant requires change. They are typically infused with high amounts of phosphorus and potassium
- Organic Nutrients – liquid growth fertilisers. They can be either carbohydrate based or even extracted from hops. Used to stimulate plant growth, organic nutrients provide plants with a healthy amount of natural ingredients
- Rooting Stimulators – offer plants beneficial microbes meant to establish fast initial rooting and a capable nutrient absorption. They are also used to protect your plants from decay or harmful fungi
Why use Hydroponic Nutrients?
Hydroponic plant growth is different from soil-based growth, as its plants cannot derive the organic nutrients they are naturally used to from soil.
However, hydroponic plant growth can be just as successful, and many growers from across the globe prefer it for its convenience, as the essential nutrients a plant needs are delivered to it by way of water supply.
The main types of hydroponic stimulators are:
- Bloom stimulators are used to maximise a plant’s blooming process, gifting its flowers with natural energy stimulators
- Growth stimulators provide your plant with much needed nutrients, as your plants switch diet after their blooming phase
- Organic nutrients are fairly self-explanatory, being soil based natural plant extracts designed to enforce natural plant soil growth
- Rooting stimulators smoothen the rooting process of plants, while also dampening shock during transplant operations