Ibanez Electric Guitars
Ibanez is a Japanese based guitarmanufacturer that has been producing quality instruments for several decades.
Ibanez is particularly well known for its RG and S series guitars that have been popular among guitarists for many years. They were also the first guitar company to mass-produce extended range 7 and 8 string instruments.
Ibanez instruments are a popular choice amongst lead players and shredders who favour many of their models for their thin “wizard” necks, 24 frets and floating tremolos systems.
Over the years Ibanez have produced many models to accommodate for many different styles of player. Notable artists known to use Ibanez guitars include:
- Steve Vai
- Joe Satriani
- Paul Gilbert
- Tosin Abasi
- John Scofield
and many more.
Ibanez offer a range of guitars for beginners through to advanced and professional players. Models include:
- Most exclusive and rare models
- Hand crafted in Japan by Ibanez’s best luthiers
- Exclusive to Japanese market prior to 1996
- The most expensive of all Ibanez’s models
- Top of the range models
- Crafted in Japan
- High specs, quality and craftsmanship.
- More expensive than lower range models
- Assembled in Ibanez’s premium factory
- Offers high playability, specifications and quality – “performance beyond expectations”
- Comes with a medium price point
- Higher spec and quality than the Gio range at a higher but still affordable price
- Ibanez’s most affordable series of guitars
- Ideal for beginners and amateur guitarists
Some of Ibanez’s most notable series’ include:
- Ibanez’s most distinctive design of guitar
- A favourite of many metal players for its sharp superstrat body shape and design to cater for fast aggressive playing styles
- Available in all ranges from Gio through to the J. Custom
- Features a very thin and lightweight body shape
- Designed to be as responsive and sturdy as guitars exceeding the S Series’ weight
- Classic design – one of Ibanez’s earliest production models.
- Ibanez’s most extreme and unconventional body shape models