Shop by Type
Shop by Style
BUY 3, GET 1 FREE (add 4 to basket)From *pinkcatcrafts*
BUY 2, GET 1 FREE (add 3 to basket)From twinkle-trove
BUY 2, GET 1 FREE (add 3 to basket)From kikiuk
BUY 4, GET 1 FREE (add 5 to basket)From jewel-mania
SAVE £5 WHEN YOU SPEND £15 OR MOREFrom jenny-blande
BUY 2, GET 1 FREE (add 3 to basket)From zestybeads2011
BUY 4, GET 1 FREE (add 5 to basket)From diamonte-designs
Make an offer
- ❤ 5 mtrs Silver Plated FLAT CABLE Chain 2mm x 3mm Jewellery Making ❤£1.60+ £0.85 postageMake offer
You may also like
Hot this week
- SILVER PLATED Fine Metal Necklace CURB Chains 16" 18" 20" 22" 24" 26" 28" 30"£1.39129 sold
- 12 x Silver Plated ROUND SNAKE Metal Necklace Chains 16" 18" 20" 22"£2.9968 sold
- Jewellery Chains - Nickel Free - Silver Plated - sold by Metre - Many Styles£0.9953 sold
- Premium Quality Curb Cross Chain Jewellery Making Findings - 3mm - lady-muck1£1.9544 sold
- 46cm/18inch Trace Chain Belcher Style – 925 Sterling Silver£2.9540 sold
- 1 Metre Silver Plated Jewellery Making Chain 1m£1.1938 sold
- 12 X SILVER PLATED LINK CHAIN NECKLACES LOBSTER CLASPS JEWELLERY MAKING CRAFT£2.7036 sold
- ❤ 5 mtrs Silver Plated FLAT CABLE Chain 2mm x 3mm Jewellery Making ❤£1.6030 sold
Save on Jewellery Making Chains
- 5Pc 3mm Silver Plated Snake Chain Bracelet Fit Charm European Beads Findings DIY£4.35Was: Previous price£4.58
- 20 Sets Fasteners & Bronze Extension Chain for Necklace & Bracelet 24x7mm L2M1£3.50
- 25/100pcs Extension Link Chain Tail Extender 70mm Jewelry Making 5X3MM£1.24
- 5Strands 5M Stainless Steel Links-Opened Chains 3x2.5mm£12.10Was: Previous price£13.15
- RAYHER 15391000 Jewellery Necklace DIY Craft Kit – Jewellery Objects, 16 x 10 x£14.15
- Wholesale Lot Of 5PC Amazing Unisex Silver Chain Jewellery Craft Making-JS850B£5.79
- 2 M Stainless Steel Ball Chain-Silver 5 x 3.3 MM£13.29
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
Jewellery Making Chains
Whether you are making necklaces or bracelets, there is a wide variety of jewellery making chains you can use. They come in a range of different styles, materials and lengths. Choosing the right chain will depend on what kind of jewellery you are making and how you want the finished item to look.
From simple loops to intricate patterns, there are many different designs of jewellery chains. A plainer style of chain should not distract from the impact of any pendants or charms that are hung on it. More complex designs can add decoration to a piece of jewellery or can be worn alone.
For a classic look, the cable chain is formed of circular or oval rings linked together. Ball chains are composed of a series of small metal spheres, while a curb chain is made of flat links.
Fancier chains include the Figaro which comprises links of contrasting sizes and the rope chain which is formed by interlocking links in a twist effect pattern. A snake chain has a flexible, snake-like appearance and is ideal for sliding on beads and charms.
Choosing a chain with larger, thicker loops will give a chunkier and more robust look, while finer chains provide a more delicate effect.
Jewellery making chains are made from many different metals, including gold, silver , bronze and platinum. Other options include a plated chain that has a thin layer of the finishing metal applied over a base.
There are various metal alloys available that can offer a range of colours and effects. When choosing a material it is worth considering the durability of the chain required, as well as the look.
Selecting a size
If you are buying a ready-made chain you may be able to choose from a range of lengths, such as 16, 18 and 20 inches. However, jewellery making chains are also available in long strings that can then be cut to the required size. You will need to attach a clasp or fastening to join the ends.