Frequently Asked Questions About LED Floodlights
These LED floodlights provide a high-intensity light that will illuminate dark, outdoor environments during the evening and night time hours. If you need help finding an affordable, new, or pre-owned LED PIR floodlight for your business, home, or outdoor adventure, then eBay can make the shopping process much easier.How do you choose the right floodlight?
These are the main factors you will want to consider in your purchase:
- LED Power - The power consumption of the LEDs is measured in watts. LEDs tend to have a low watt rating compared to their overall level of brightness. If you are looking for a power-efficient floodlight, then make sure to get an LED with low wattage.
- Brightness - The brightness is generally measured by the number of lumens. The higher the lumens, the brighter the LEDs will tend to be. Some floodlights can be set to multiple brightness levels or dimmed as well.
- Colours - Most outdoor floodlights will tend to have a white or yellowish hue, but some models can display multiple colours such as red, blue, and green and then transition between them whenever you want.
- Style - LED floodlights can resemble lanterns, bulbs, and even more traditional floodlights.
- Number of Lights - A variety of different LED configurations are available from a single large light to multiple smaller lights.
- Durability - Floodlights can be made with aluminium, plastic, or steel. Most models should be waterproof and weather-resistant.
- Power Source - Most LED floodlights can run on battery power, solar power, or power from an outlet. The first two types are generally suitable for portable floodlights that you can take with you between different locations. Make sure that you have a suitable place to charge the floodlight when it is not in use.
LED floodlights may come with a variety of extra features. Note that only certain models may have the following features:
- Motion-Activated - Some floodlights can be configured to only activate when there is motion within a certain distance.
- Timer - Programme the floodlight to only stay on for a certain amount of time.
- Remote Control - The remote control allows you to operate the floodlight, set the timer, and change brightness or colours from a distance.
The main types are fixed position floodlights and portable floodlights. Fixed position floodlights can be mounted in your back garden or around your home or business. Portable floodlights can be taken with you wherever you go.