Lawnmower Parts & Accessories
This essential piece of gardening machinery is so vital that you need to keep it performing at its peak all year round. To do so, you will need to think about parts and accessories for your mower.
Firstly, though, you need to determine what lawn mower you have, need or want:
- Manual Reel - With no motor or electronics, this is the most authentic way of cutting grass. While not emitting any pollution, manual reel mowers are also very quiet, cheap and safe.
- Fuel-Powered - As the name suggests, these mowers are powered by fuel, predominantly unleaded petrol. They boast power, versatility and, if well maintained, longevity.
- Electric - Powered by an engine, these mowers are usually plugged into the mains, but you can get wireless versions. Their main benefit is convenience, as in many cases you can simply plug them in and mow.
Some brands you might want to consider are:
Parts and Accessories
To ensure your lawn mower runs effectively and efficiently, you may have to consider replacing vital parts.
Firstly though you will need to understand what parts make up your lawn mower:
- Grass Box
- Air Filter
Unfortunately, not all lawnmowers can stay in perfect working condition for ever. Identifying a problem with your mower is not as straightforward as it would seem as there could be a number of reasons for your mower to develop a fault.
Some things to look out for include:
- A knocking sound
- The engine vibrating too much (electric only)
- Smoke coming out of the exhaust (fuel-powered only)
- You’re using too much oil (fuel-powered only)
- The blade isn’t spinning freely