Sync and Charge Your Apple Device with a Lightning Dock
If you're looking for a unique way to charge, backup, and sync your iPhone, a Lightning dock is an innovative and stylish solution. With an iPhone Lightning dock, you can check on your device hands-free by simply looking up at the display, since docking stations are designed to hold your phone in an upright position. Place a dock on your nightstand or at your work desk so that you can always keep an eye out for important notifications. You can find a wide range of Apple iPhone docks on eBay.Can you use Lightning docks if your iPhone is in a case?
Yes, you can use a Lightning dock with most standard Apple-designed cases and protective covers. It's important to check the size of the cradle area on the dock in case your iPhone has an unusually large case. This is because some specialised cases, such as rugged cases or cases used for photography, could be extra bulky. You can find docks with oversized cradles if you need to accommodate a special case or cover.Which iPhone models feature a Lightning connector?
All sixth-generation Apple iPhones and newer models are fitted with Lightning connectors. In addition, fourth-generation iPads and first-generation iPad Mini devices also feature Lightning port connectors. Since generations can be confusing, here is a list of specific iPhone models that can be used with Lightning dock stations:
- iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, and 6S Plus.
- Apple iPhone 7, 8, X, 7 Plus, 8 Plus, and X Plus.
- iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR.
Lightning dock features vary depending on the specific model you choose, but here are some typical functions and features that Lightning docks can offer:
- You can unlock your device, use the speakerphone function, and use Touch ID while your device is docked.
- Many Lightning docks include audio ports or built-in speakers, so you can enjoy listening to music through your headphones or the dock itself.
- Lightning docks are designed to support additional Lightning port accessories. You can even use a Lightning cable to connect your device if you don't want to place it upright via the docking cradle.