Martin Electro Acoustic Guitars
Martin Guitars are one of the biggest acoustic guitar manufacturers around. It is the goal of many guitarists to acquire one of Martin’s famous instruments.
Martin produces both acoustic and electro acoustic guitars. Electro acoustic guitars are essentially the same as acoustic guitars but they have the additional feature of a pickup or microphone. They can then be plugged directly into an amplifier or speaker. This makes them ideal for live performances where louder volumes need to be achieved.
Some examples of Martin electro acoustic guitars include:
Martin X Series Guitars
- Martin’s most affordable series of full sized instruments
- Features the use of HPL (high pressure laminate) for the construction of the bodies making them more affordable but maintaining high quality tone
- Richlite fretboards
- Features Fishman electronics
Martin Road Series Guitars
- Constructed of higher quality solid wood materials
- Features Fishman pickups system
- Less affordable than the X series
Martin Performing Artist Series Guitars
- Designed for professional musicians that perform frequently
- A wider range of models
- Guitars constructed of all solid woods and more affordable options made with HPL
- Features the Fishman F1 electronics system
Martin Little Martin Series Guitars
- Smaller bodied acoustic guitars – ideal for travelling and younger players
- Acoustic and electro acoustic models available– Only the LX1E and LXME feature a pickup system
- Made popular by Ed Sheeran
- Features the Fishman Isys T pickup system
It is especially important that you protect your Martin guitar given the high value they often hold. The easiest way to keep your guitar safe is to have a well-padded gig bag or hard case to store it in when not in use and travelling.
Cases made by Martin specifically for their guitars are available and will be appropriate for their instruments. However they can be more expensive.
Before buying a case check that it is the correct size and shape for your specific guitar for maximum protection.