Hot this week
- New Plaid Men Wedding Groom Tuxedo Groomsmen Best Man Suit Business Prom Tuxedo£96.994 left
- Cavani Mens Vintage 3 Piece Blazer Waistcoat Trousers Tweed Checkered Suit£109.993 sold
- DJ-7 MENS FORMAL DOUBLE BREASTED DINNER JACKET AND TROUSERS - EVENING WEAR£24.991 sold
- Mens Cavani 3 Piece Designer Tweed Herringbone Checkered Vintage Tailored Suit£109.991 sold
- Mens Marc Darcy 3 Piece Full Tweed Herringbone Checkered Vintage Tailored Suit£149.991 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- Double Breasted Dinner black tie suit, top quality! Size 43?£275.00+ £10.00 postageMake offer
- 38L mens double breasted dress suit with cumberbun£35.99Free postageMake offer
Men's Double Breasted Suit
A men's double breasted suit is an incredibly flattering piece to wear. With sharp tailoring and parallel buttons, it is the ultimate in classic style and masculinity.
Polyester is one of the most popular choices for a double breasted suit. It is a very durable material which doesn't easily crease, making it a very practical option. It has the look of more premium materials such as silk, but without the price tag.
Wool or wool blend men's suits are the perfect option for wearing during the cooler months. Generally thicker than other suits, the wool will keep you warm whilst looking smart. Wool blend suits are generally blended with polyester, making them slightly lighter to wear.
A cotton blend double breasted suit is a great option for a summer wedding or event. Cotton is incredibly soft and comfortable to wear. It will wick sweat away from your body, keeping you cool whilst you're running around.
Getting the Right Fit
The arms on your suit should be trim and not be too wide – this will ruin the sharp look of your suit. The suit should also sit tight to your shoulders for the same reason.
The fit on your body should be slim and taper into your waist, giving you a very flattering silhouette.
The length of a double breasted jacket is slightly shorter than other formal jackets. This elongates your body and makes your legs look longer.
A shawl lapel is a completely smooth rounded style of lapel, typically seen on morning suits which are worn for very formal occasions.
A notch lapel is the most popular style, and is suited to more casual occasions.
A peak lapel is a slightly more elaborate style of the notch lapel, with the edges of the lapel pointing upwards.