Shop by Brand
Shop by Style
Save on Men's Down Coats and Jackets
- BNWT POLO RALPH LAUREN LIGHTWEIGHT NAVY BOULDER DETACHABLE HOODED DOWN JACKET£174.67Trending at £177.69
- Hot Winter Warm 90% Duck Down Mens Maya Hooded Thicken Jacket Coat Puffer Parkas£84.59Trending at £86.06
- Men's Warm Down Cotton Jacket Fur Collar Thick Winter Hooded Coat Outwear Camo£16.67Trending at £21.13
- Fur Collar Parka Men's Down Coat white duck down Jacket Winter Snow Wear M-3XL£57.28Trending at £58.27
- Trespass Digby Mens Packaway Down Jacket Lightweight Padded Coat£47.95Trending at £50.82
- Warm Hoodie Hoodey Coat Parka Winter Coat Outwear Down Jacket SA£16.77Trending at £18.74
Hot this week
- The North Face Black Label 1992 Nuptse Polyester Down Jacket Yellow Dome Print£250.00Almost gone
- NEW Under Armour Men's Fashion Winter Warm Thin Hood Slim Down Jacket Sportswear£28.9921 sold
- Winter Warm Men's Casual jacket 100% Down jacket Real Duck Down Parka Coats£40.6810 sold
- Men Winter Warm Cotton Padded Down Coat Slim Thick Casual Outerwear Jacket PM£10.155 sold
- UK New Mens Warm Winter Quilted Puffer Ultralight Coat Padded Down Hooded Jacket£16.595 sold
- Regatta Mens Icefall Down Touch Jacket | X-Pro TRA448£13.954 sold
- Winter Warm 80% Duck Down Mens Fur Hooded Sport Thicken Jacket Coat Puffer Parka£49.993 sold
- Mens Down Hooded Jacket Coat Duck Down Puffer Ultralight Outwear Packable Parka£24.993 sold
- Men's formal Real fur lapel down coats slim coats jackets Luxury Leather coats£189.20Was: Previous price£212.58
- S-5XL Men's Rabit Fur Lined Hood Parka Winter Thicken Jacket Overcoat Warm Coat£143.57
- Mens Hooded Cotton Down Jacket Long Winter Warm Overcoat Casual Slim Parka Hot£128.48
- Men Thick Duck Down Coat Jacket Fur Collar Hooded Winter Warm Outdoor Outwear SZ£96.56Was: Previous price£110.99
- Men's Fashion Winter Thick Jacket Fur Hooded Coat Overcoat Casual Winter Warm£96.81
- Mens Warm Lined Down Cotton Padded Coat Hooded Thick Jacket Parkas Winter SZ 5XL£116.57Was: Previous price£133.99
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- North Sails 'Buddy' 100% Down Filled Zip Hooded Jacket£40.00+ £5.00 postageMake offer
- All Saints “Caisey” Puffer Bomber Wool Down Navy Black Jacket M RRP £258£149.99+ £2.99 postageMake offer
- Men’s Ralph Lauren RLX Explorer Down Jacket Navy L BNWOT£139.00+ £3.90 postageMake offer
- Men’s Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Gilet Body warmer Teal Size M Rrp £40£20.00+ £4.50 postageMake offer
- GREAT CONDITION Battenwear down vest size Large RRP399£95.00+ £5.20 postageMake offer
Men's Down Coats and Jackets
The down jacket is a lightweight, super insulating coat that is great in dry winter conditions. If worn in damp conditions it is recommended that the down jacket is worn with a lightweight waterproof top layer.
Why choose down?
The down jacket is named after the down feathers that are used to insulate the coat. The feathers make a down coat incredibly warm.
Down jackets are generally a lot lighter than synthetically insulated coats. They can also be compressed and rolled for ease of storage or packing.
The insulation within a down jacket will outlast that of a typical synthetically insulated coat. Most synthetic coats will start to lose their heat retention within 5 to 7 years. If well maintained, the down jacket will retain its insulation for between 10 and 20 years.
Down coats are usually made in one of two ways – Sewn Through or Box Baffle.
Sewn through- This is generally the cheapest and most common type of down jacket. The outer materials are stitched directly into the inner lining, separating the down into different lines. This method uses less fabric and is lighter than more complicated box baffle construction
Box Baffles- Box baffle jackets are the best method for optimising the warmth of the down fill. They are sometimes heavier and more expensive than sewn through jackets but are made with thicker, warmer materials. Parka jackets are more likely to feature box baffle construction than lighter weight down jackets.
The quality of down insulation is measured in fill. Down coats typically range from between 300 to 900 fill. 550+ is considered sufficient for most outdoor activities.
Down feathers may lose their insulating properties when wet or damp. Although most down jackets will come with a water resistant outer layer, they may not be appropriate for use in heavy rain or snow.
Newer coats may feature hydrophobic, water repellent, down. Although not all hydrophobic down coats are waterproof, hydrophobic down feathers with resist water for longer, dry quicker, and retain their loft, keeping you warmer.