Shop by Chest Size
Shop by Material
Suits for Ushers
Look dashing to say I DoShop event
Save on Men's Waistcoats
- Mens Formal Waistcoat Size 36" - 48" Chest Available S M L XL 2XL 3XL 4XL£9.45Trending at £9.62
- Mens Milano Tweed Waistcoat Notched Lapel S to XXL Vintage Collared Check£29.99Trending at £30.55
- SMART SUEDE Brown Men's New Casual Formal Suede Leather Buttoned Waistcoat£62.99Trending at £73.86
- Hi Vis Visibility Reversible Fleece Lined Bodywarmer Heavy Duty Gilet Waistcoat£11.99Trending at £12.68
- Mens Mesh Lined Gilet WaistCoat Body Coat Country Shooting Hunting Camping M-4XL£7.99Trending at £9.53
- Mens Mesh Lined Gilet WaistCoat Body Coat Country Shooting Hunting Camping M-4XL£7.99Trending at £10.17
Hot this week
- New Hospitality Waistcoat Bar Staff Light Weight In 4 Colours£4.99178 sold
- Mens formal Groom party Wedding Waistcoat 15 colours Size 36-48" Chest available£6.4976 sold
- Mens Waistcoat Formal Business Suit Retro Vest Slim Wedding Casual Coat Tops£7.7953 sold
- NEW Men's Paisley Design Dress Vest and Neck Tie Hankie Set For Suit or Tuxedo£16.6852 sold
- Mens Waistcoat Formal Business Suit Retro Vest Slim Wedding Fit Casual Coat Tops£7.9944 sold
- Hot Men's Formal Business Suit Vest Slim Dress Casual Waistcoat Jacket Coat£7.2940 sold
- HI VIZ VIS VISIBILITY FLEECE REVERSIBLE BODY WARMER GILET SLEEVELESS WAISTCOAT£13.4938 sold
- GOOD QUALITY BUDGET WAISTCOAT WAITERS BAR STAFF IN ALL COLOUR FANCY DRESS PARTY£4.9937 sold
- Men suit collar vest double-breasted slim Business WAISTCOAT NEW HOT WEDDING UK£13.99
- Mens Waistcoat Vest Single Breasted Vest Suit Tuxedo Waistcoat UK Formal Size£41.79Was: Previous price£43.99
- Punk Rave Mens Tyrion Waistcoat Vest Black Faux Leather Steampunk Gothic GOT£104.99
- Mens Design Retro Wool Jacket Coats Vest Suit Slim Tuxedo Dress Formal Waistcoat£29.99
- Mens Marc Darcy Designer Double Breasted Tan Melton Waistcoat - Contrast Lining£45.99
- Events Men Black Waistcoat Sleeveless Vest Top Suit Jacket Coat Polyester£36.38
- Casual Mens Outdoor Fishing Vest Coat Multi Pockets Loose Fit Waistcoat CN L-4XL£47.99
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
Make an offer
- MENS WOOL BLEND TWEED WAISTCOAT VEST GILET - ALL SIZES£34.67Free postageMake offer
Having a long established origin, men's waistcoats can be traced back to 1666 when King Charles II first proclaimed the waistcoat, or 'vest' as it was then known, as proper court attire. These 'vests' were a style of garment worn by English travellers returning from Persia. It impressed the travellers so much they decided to adopt the style.
Business and occasion
Formal waistcoats for men have long been worn for both business and special occasions. The waistcoat has been a firm part of business suit attire and part of a three piece suit with tailored wool blends looking both stylish and sharp. Formal waistcoats include many varied choices of designs, fabrics, colours and prints for wedding wear. Such special occasion wear for men offers up a mix of patterned, richly decorated brocade or striped options to showcase your style.
Worn casually, waistcoats can be a standout piece to an outfit, especially paired with jeans and can add an element of on trend layering. Men's casual waistcoats worn in the summer can make a good alternative to a jacket, allowing for freedom of movement while keeping you cool. In the winter a contrasting waistcoat can add an extra layer of interest to a more formal looking suit.
High visibility safety waistcoats are a frequent choice as essential safety workwear. These waistcoats are of a bodywarmer design and are usually in a luminous yellow or orange colour with reflective silver strips. Supremely practical, these safety waistcoats are usually fleece lined for extra warmth with heavy duty zip fastenings. Safety waistcoats feature multiple pockets inside and outside for pens, phones and other small items that you may need to keep safe while on the job.
Men's waistcoats are minimal in their design and close fitting to the body, making these garments an ideal choice for outdoor leisure pastimes or sports because they will not restrict or impede movement. Waistcoats for hunting, shooting and birdwatching are often produced in earthy colours or camouflage designs and again are multi-pocketed to hold a variety of small objects which may be needed.
Shooting waistcoats or bodywarmers are made from durable and strong materials with a heavy cotton or cotton mix outer and are lined or lightly padded to keep you warm when outdoors for long periods of time. Some waistcoats are even fitted with buoyancy aids, suitable for sea fishing, rafting or yachting.