An application to build a windmill on the Common was denied in 1799 when the applicant, one John Watney, failed to produce plans for the proposed mill when requested. In 1816, Charles March, acarpenter ofRoehampton applied for permission to build a windmill.
Publisher: Stengel, London EC (No. 14326). Beverley Brook runs along the western edge of Wimbledon Common. That public right of way passes along the edge of playing fields, and then onto Wimbledon Common itself.
Windmill & Golf House, Putney Heath. Undivided Back! Putney Heath. A stone and brick obelisk was erected on Putney Heath in 1770, marking the 110th anniversary of theGreat Fire of London, to coincide with the invention of the Hartley fire plates byDavid Hartley, near a spot where his fireproof house was built.
Printed in Saxony. The foundation stone was laid by the Duchess of Sutherland, using a special presentation trowel and a mallet. Nelson Hospital was officially opened in June 1912 by Princess Louise, Duchess of Argyll.