Decorate Your Home With Mirrored Furniture
Mirrored furniture pieces are functional and beautiful additions to living rooms, bathrooms, foyers, bedrooms, and kitchens. Shop on eBay for a great selection.What types of mirrored furniture can you find on eBay?
Many types of furniture can have mirrors, including:
- Side tables: This type of furniture is placed on the side of a living room chair or sofa. Many times, the mirror is the top of the table.
- Coffee tables: Like side tables, the mirrored piece is usually the top of the table.
- Cabinets: Bathroom vanity cabinets and display cabinets for dishes and collectables can have mirrors for viewing yourself and reflecting objects.
- Dressing tables: This type of table has a mirror that stands upright so you can view your appearance as youre grooming.
- Chairs: Some unique chairs have mirror elements as part of the decoration.
This type of table can have drawers made of wood or metal, hiding unwanted clutter. They can also have doors with shelves inside. The doors can be made of an opaque material, or they can also be made of glass, allowing you to display beautiful objects. Some have an upper and lower shelf, allowing more versatility with storage. Additionally, some bedside tables are round and others are square or rectangular, and some have a trunk design.What decor styles do mirrored furniture come in?
Mirrors are a common element in several types of decor, including:
- Victorian: Developed in the time that Queen Victoria of England reigned, this style is highly ornate.
- Contemporary: This style creates its look through curves and soft angles.
- Art Deco: Symmetrical designs and unique angles typify this style.
Mirrors are an integral part of the design, lending dimension to many spaces. But other materials are used for stability, functionality, and contrast. For instance, an Art Deco table might have a mirrored top and a chrome base to add stability and dimension. Besides chrome, other metals, such as iron and steel, can be used to add design elements and durability. Wood is another common material in the creation of mirrored furniture. Shadow boxes often have a mirror back with wooden walls. The types of wood can vary between oak and pine, as well as several other types of wood. They can be painted, stained, or left natural. When mirrors are used as a design element in a chair sofa or other kind of soft material, they can be affixed onto the chair.