Your Guide to Buying Phone Cradles and Car Phone Holders
Smartphones are useful devices for drivers to use for navigation, hands-free communication, and entertainment. If you want to safely and lawfully secure your smartphone to the dashboard or windscreen in your car, you'll need to find the right type of phone holder. Here is a guide to buying phone cradles on eBay.What type of phone cradle do you need?
If you have a large smartphone or tablet, you might require a specialised holder. Check to ensure the phone cradle is compatible with the size of your device. If your phone is in a case, this might affect the ability to securely grip the phone. Consider if you want to use cables for connecting a charging unit to your phone while you drive. Also, think about the space available on your dashboard, the position that you'll need for your phone, and the safest way to secure it while driving.What types of in-car phone cradles are available?
There are many methods to secure a phone cradle. You can connect it to a dashboard, air vents, CD player, or a windscreen. First, decide where you'll want to put your phone and then choose from the following fixing options:
- Air vent phone holders: These clip onto the air vents in your car and are designed to stay put while driving. Consider these if your air vent provides you with an ideal position for your phone cradle.
- Windscreen phone holders: These use suction cups that stick to glass windows and can mount devices at eye level. Suction cups can be easily adjusted and removed.
- Dashboard holders: These use sticky pads, suction cups, and sometimes magnets to fix the phone holder to the dashboard.
- Headrest holders. If you want to fix a phone or tablet on the back seat to use for entertainment, these kinds of cradles are a smart option.
- CD slot holders: If you don't use your car's CD player, then you can use it as a mount for a phone cradle.
- Magnetic phone holders. Some phone cradles use a powerful magnet to hold your phone in place. If your phone is in a case, some functions can be impaired.
- Adhesive phone holders: Many phone mounts might use adhesive pads. These are a good option if you don't plan to move or adjust the cradle.