Guide to Buying Motorcycle Slip-On Exhausts and Silencers
Riding a motorcycle is among the many options available for riders who want a reliable and enjoyable means of transport. Regardless of the type of bike you own and your level of experience, getting a motorcycle silencer or slip-on exhaust can improve the efficiency and performance of your bike. Before going to eBay to search for a slip-on silencer or cheap motorcycle exhaust cans, go through the following guide to learn all the essential information you need to select a gadget that is suitable for you.How to choose the right motorcycle slip-on exhaust and silencer
Consider the following key factors before getting a motorcycle silencer or slip-on exhaust:
- Material - The type of metal your motorbike exhaust silencer is made of can determine how resilient and long-lasting it will be. Pay attention to different metals, such as stainless steel and aluminium.
- Length - Match the overall length of the slip-on exhaust to that of your bike.
- Inlet diameter - This will determine whether the exhaust or silencer can fit your bike model. Different motorcycles sometimes have varying inlet diameters, making it an important aspect to scrutinise.
- Installation - You may also want to choose a slip-on exhaust that is easy to install regardless of your experience level. If you have different bike models, a universal motorcycle exhaust is a wise option.
Slip-on exhausts and silencers have various special features that are suitable for a wide range of motorcycles. These include:
- Angled design - Some silencers are angled, meaning that they allow the bike to have less back pressure and exhaust resistance, thus improving performance.
- Universal fit and adjust-ability - If a gadget is labelled as a universal motorcycle exhaust silencer, it means that it can fit most motorcycle models. For instance, a universal sportbike exhaust can also fit a scooter or a cruiser.
- DB killer - This feature allows your silencer to bring the sounds emitted by your bike to a legally permissible level.
The following elements are essential when assessing which used slip-on exhaust to purchase:
- Rust - The presence of rust can indicate the age of your slip-on exhaust. Rust causes metals to become brittle, making it essential that you select a pre-owned exhaust that is sturdy and firm.
- Dents and cracks - Significant damage to your used exhaust can reduce its performance. Make sure that it is in good condition.
- Discolouration - Severe discolouration indicates that the heat dissipated by the exhaust is excessive and that the gadget itself may not be performing as desired. You also may want a gleaming and shining exhaust so that you can take pride in your bike.