Other Vintage Guitars
A guitar is a type of musical instrument that has been around in some form for many years. In the 1930s, a new method for amplifying the sound of the guitar was developed, and the electric guitar was born.
Vintage guitars are essentially any guitars from an earlier era, with models from the 1980s and earlier than that generally being considered to be vintage. There are a wide variety of types, brands and models of vintage guitar available.
Types of Vintage Guitar
- Vintage acoustic guitar – possibly the instrument most of us think of when we think of a guitar, these vintage instruments can often still sound as good as the day there were first manufactured
- Vintage electric guitar – first developed in the 1930s, the electric guitar is the mainstay of modern rock bands. Many different types of vintage electric guitar are available, dating right back to the earliest days of rock and roll in the 1950s and beyond
- Vintage bass guitar – the bass guitar is another standard instrument for rock and pop bands. Vintage versions come in many different brands and models
- Vintage semi acoustic guitar – a semi acoustic guitar is one that can be played without electrification or plugged in to an amplifier. It will have a hollow or semi hollow body in order for the sound to resonate and be able to be heard, if desired, even without the guitar being electrified
- Vintage guitar brands – there are a wide variety of different guitar brands that have vintage versions of their instruments available. These include well-known guitar manufacturers, such as Fender, Gibson, Epiphone and Rickenbacker, as well as many less well-known varieties
Vintage Guitar Accessories
- Vintage guitar strings – a necessity for replacing damaged or worn strings. Vintage guitars are obviously older than more modern ones, so are perhaps more likely to have worn strings
- Vintage guitar strap – a strap allows you to wear the guitar around your neck when you’re standing up to play
- Vintage guitar plectrum – used to pick or strum the strings of your guitar
- Vintage guitar case – to keep your vintage guitar protected during storage or transportation. Can be hard bodied or softer, more lightweight versions