Spruce up Your Outdoor Area With a Garden Table and Chairs
When the weather is nice, sitting outdoors with a snack or a drink is a great way to spend some time. Setting your yard up with a garden table and chairs can be a smart decision if youd like to spend more time breathing in fresh air. Many options are sold on eBay.What are these pieces made out of?
A garden table and chairs can be made from:
- Wrought iron: This is thick and heavy, able to withstand extreme weather. It may rust, but you can find iron with a powder coating for extra resistance.
- Aluminium: Aluminium has a similar look to wrought iron but is lighter and easier to clean. Its sometimes paired with glass table tops. That glass may be clear or coated or etched in a way that gives it a frosted or textured look.
- Cast aluminium: A stronger brother to regular aluminium, this is rust-proof and easy to care for.
- Resin wicker: If you like the look of wicker, consider getting a synthetic weave so that your set can better withstand the elements.
- Steel: Metal is quite strong and stable. You can increase weather-resistance by looking for something with a powder coating.
- Wood: It has a traditional look and can be stained for different effects. It usually does involve some upkeep so that it can continue to last.
- Plastic: Plastic is an affordable option. Higher-quality plastic may even be stamped to look like wood.
- Mosaic: Mosaic tiles can be laid out in intricate patterns, creating a unique centrepiece for your garden. The trade-off is they may be more fragile than other materials.
There may be some chairs that come with storage underneath the seats. These may have more of a club or lounge look, with thick bases and cushioned seats that you can sink into. Other chairs may come with built-in cup holders so that drinks can stay within close reach.What layouts are possible?
If you have a small area to fill, you might consider getting a round or square table that can fit four chairs around it. With a larger space, your options increase. You could get a larger round table that could accommodate six guests, or you could get a long, rectangular table. These may fit six or eight, or even 10, people. There are also bar height tables for more of a cocktail feel as well as shorter tables that may pair well with chaise lounges or Adirondack chairs.