Protect Your Camera Equipment Using a Hard Pelican Case
Pelican makes a variety of durable cases for carrying or transporting sensitive equipment with ease. You can find several new Pelican cases on eBay that include many convenient features. Familiarizing yourself with some of the most common models available and what they can do for you will help you choose the right product for your needs.What features can you choose?
An inexpensive Pelican case is intended to make it easier for you to carry several pieces of camera equipment at the same time. The hard nature of these cases offers some degree of protection from impacts as well. All Pelican cases perform the same basic functions, but you can choose a model with a specific set of extras that you find helpful. You can use eBay's sidebar categories to find the options that work for you. Some common features you can consider are:
- Foam: Foam can insulate your camera or its equipment. You can get a Pelican case with full foam and cut out the sizes and shapes you need.
- Wheels: Some Pelican cases have wheels that should make it easier for you to slide them behind you.
- Straps: A smaller Pelican case might include straps that help you carry the case on your person.
You can use eBay to sort affordable Pelican cases according to the type you need. Different types of cases usually come in different sizes or form factors. You can choose the one that suits your needs or preferences. Some common types you will find during your search are:
- Minis: A miniature case might be similar in size and shape to a wallet. You may wish to use this type of case if you're carrying a camera phone or a small handheld device.
- Backpacks: This form factor has straps you can use to carry the case and extra pockets for camera accessories and larger items.
- Compact cases: If you only have one camera and minimal equipment, you may wish to use a compact case for portability.
Pelican makes hard cases in a variety of base materials. You may wish to choose a particular material based on your personal preferences, its portability, or other specifications. Some common materials you can find are:
- Rigid plastic: This material is available in a range of colours.
- Nylon: Nylon is lightweight but still durable.
- Aluminium: This is another lightweight metal that is intended to provide impact resistance.