All You Need to Know About Photography Backdrop Stands
You can use backdrops made from various materials to capture portraits in your home, studio, or the outdoors.Backdrop stands support your backdrop, and they are usually made up of two metal support stands and one metal crossbar. The thick crossbar is the backdrop holder, which is held up by the two support stands.What sizes do backdrop stands come in?
Backdrops that are 9 to 12 feet long are standard in professional studios. You can find lots of affordable photography backdrop stands in this size on eBay. Many people use 20 to 24 feet backdrops for full-length group portraits, video productions, and photoshoots of large products. Other photography backdrop-stand sizes include:
- 3 to 5 feet wide: Used for taking head shots and photos of pets, newborns, and products.
- 5 to 6 feet wide: Used for mid-body portraits and headshots.
- 6 to 7 feet wide: Used for mid-body portraits.
- 9 to 10 feet wide: Used for photographing children and families.
- 10 to 12 feet wide: Used for full-length portraits and product photography.
Photographers choose different backgrounds based on their design, colour, and ability to withstand wear and tear. Photo-backdrop stands can be used to hold any of these materials:
- Canvas: The dark cloth gradually lightens in the centre and is glare-free.
- Muslin: Made from wrinkle-free cotton-polyester blend or pure cotton.
- Vinyl: Heavy-duty plastic used to represent brick walls, stone, or wood.
- Seamless paper: Wrinkle-free paper.
- Chroma key: Used to impose a digital image on the background.
Collapsible photo backdrops are backdrops used by photographers. These backdrops measure five feet wide, seven feet tall, and they are portable. Moreover, many collapsible backdrops are reversible with one side painted in black and the other painted in white. The white side enables you to take seamless images. In addition, the backdrop stands are made of metal frames that secure to the ground during shooting. Backdrops can be tightened with Velcro straps or heavy clamps.What are vinyl-realistic backgrounds?
Vinyl backdrops are made from the glare-free matte finish and come in a variety of backgrounds and designs. These are a few backdrops used in studios:
- Vinyl Studio Photography Backdrops Christmas Themes: They include, but are not limited to, Christmas trees, reindeer, and snowmen.
- Vinyl Studio Muslin Photography Background Props: They include, but are not limited to, snowing wood floor, fortress doorway, and a train scenery.
- Vinyl Studio Party Glitter Black Gold Dots Background Props: They include a variety of glitter scenes to create party atmospheres.
- Vintage Retro Tie-Dye Studio Painted Background: They include a variety of tie-dye scenes that create mysterious atmospheres.