Shop by Material
Shop by Brand
Save on Pocket Watches
- Pocket watch quartz men women silver mirror ball black box clip chain A5W3£2.23Trending at £2.31
- Heart Quartz Movement C Nurse Brooch Fob Tunic Watch Smiley Face A8N4£1.37Trending at £1.56
- Pocket Watch, metal strap, Silver S5T2£2.53Trending at £2.82
- Antique Pocket Watch with 31" Chain in Antique Bronze Gold Finish PK£2.06Trending at £3.35
- Golden Dragon Dangle Pendant Pocket Quartz Watch + Gift Chain D3G1£5.07Trending at £5.55
- Bronze Color Round Pendant Quartz Watch Pocket Keyring Ladies Kids Watch G S6D0£1.43Trending at £1.49
- Antique Vintage Roman Style Steam Pocket Crocket Watch Pendant Necklace Gif E5D0£2.87Trending at £4.30
- Sunny Cool Chrome Chain Pocket Watch (Silver)£2.28Trending at £3.50
Hot this week
- Fashion Brand New Silicone Nurses Brooch Fob Watch New - Brooch Tunic - Nurse£1.99230 sold
- Nurse Watch Patterned Silicone Nurse Brooch Tunic Fob Watch With FREE BATTERY£2.49193 sold
- Smiley Nurse Fob Watch Different Colours Stainless Steel Back UK£0.9955 sold
- High Quality Coloured Waterproof Plastic Nurses Fob Watch Brooch Ladies Nurse£2.7949 sold
- Stainless Steel Heart Medical Nurse Quartz Tunic Pocket Clip-on Brooch Fob Watch£2.1946 sold
- New Stainless Steel /Plastic /Silicone /Smiley Face Quartz Fob Nurses Watch£1.9940 sold
- Steampunk Skeleton Mechanical Black Gold Large Window Retro Quartz Pocket Watch£6.9937 sold
- High quality stainless steel silver pocket watch Fob Nurse UK Seller£2.4937 sold
- Woodford Chrome Plated Full Hunter 'Grandad' Pocket Watch£39.60
- Gold Engraved Wedding Watches Pocket Watch Free Custom Engraving Best Man Usher£34.99
- Mens Pocket Watch Quartz Movement Silver in Colour Many Designs - List B£44.99
- Personalised Pocket Watch Luxury Free Custom Engraved Groomsmen Wedding Usher£27.99
- 2x Silicone Nurse Brooch Tunic Fob Watch Nursing Nurses Pendant Pocket Watc T2E5£2.13
- Royal London 90020-01 Mens Quartz Pocket Watch£104.83
- MOLNIJA 3602 Pocket Watch Order octo.revolution Russian pocket watch£81.28
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
The ideal accessory for achieving the vintage look of a dapper gentleman or elegant lady, pocket watches were traditionally found in a man's waistcoat pocket, or on a chain for women. These timepieces are a must for achieving the Victorian-inspired Steampunk trend.
The majority of pocket watches found on the market are antique or vintage as they were more commonly worn from the 16th century until the First World War, when soldiers discovered wristwatches were more practical to wear in the trenches. Pocket watches are still made today and are popular among people who follow Steampunk fashion, which is inspired by the Victorian way of dress.
There are several types of pocket watch to choose from and the style can determine how you choose to wear it. An open face pocket watch does not have a cover to protect the dial and most have a pendant at the 12 and a sub-second dial found at the 6.
The full hunter pocket watch was developed to provide an outer casing which protects the dial. This cover open and closes on a hinge and it can be ornate or engraved.
A half hunter pocket watch has a cover with a glass panel or a hole so the owner can read the time without opening it.
The double hunter has a case which opens at the front and the back so both the dial and the mechanical movement of the watch can be seen. The double half hunter pocket watch also opens at the front and back, but there is a window on the front lid so that the dial is visible.
Today pocket watches are often made in a skeleton style, so the mechanical movement of the watch can be seen through the dial which can either be transparent or will have a hole to see through.
Pocket watches have one of two types of movement. Quartz movement means the watch is powered by a battery which will last about two years. Mechanical movement watches need to be wound up by hand. Metals used to make pocket watches include solid gold and stainless steel and they can also be gold plated. Popular makes of pocket watch include Elgin, Waltham and Omega.
Pocket watches are traditionally attached to a chain and secured to a waistcoat, lapel or belt hook. A woman's watch is typically worn around the neck as the pendant to a chain, often a slide chain. Alternatively both men and women can opt to wear their wristwatch on a ribbon-style chain which attaches to a button or belt.