Pond Filter Media & Accessories
Ponds are popular outdoor water features that can vary in size and style. They can house a range of fish and wildlife from frogs to Koi carp.
A pond may feature a running water system, or an internal system that moves the water around and keeps it oxygenated.
Pond filter media and accessories help ensure the pond remains a clean and healthy environment.
Types Of Pond Filter Media & Accessories
- Filter foam - designed to strain the pond water to keep it clean from dirt and debris. As the foam is used continually, it needs replacing regularly. Filter foam commonly comes in a range of colours and can be bought fine, medium or coarse in thickness.
- UV light steriliser- a special light that helps to control the growth of microorganisms and other harmful or unwanted bacteria.
- Filter brushes - different sized filter brushes help to unblock your filters as they are likely to get blocked frequently
- Water filters - choose individual replacement filtersor complete water filter sets, depending on your needs
Brands to consider
Pond filter media and accessories are available from a variety of brands including:
Ensure you purchase parts and accessories which are compatible with anything you may already have in your pond.
The Benefits Of Pond Filter Media & Accessories
Ponds provide a visual and aural area of interest in any outdoor space. Keeping your pond clean with filter media will:
- Maintain a healthy environment for fish and any other wildlife
- Optimise the sound and look of your pond, boosting its relaxing qualities in your garden
- Keep your pond in good working order for the maximum amount of time
Installing Pond Filter Media & Accessories
Follow the manufacturer’s instructions whilst fitting filter media and accessories to ensure the parts are fitted correctly and safely.
If you’re not sure how to install the specific accessory, seek advice from a professional.