All About Porsche Boxster Cars
With its dynamic engine, ultra-smooth handling, and sleek, attractive cabin, the Porsche Boxster is lots of fun to drive. It can zoom from standing to 100 kilometres per hour in under five seconds. You’ll find an assortment of affordably priced Porsche Boxsters for sale when you search on eBay.Porsche Boxster features
Porsche introduced its two-seater Boxster model in 1996. When Porsche Boxsters for sale were first put on the market, they sported 2.5-litre flat six-cylinder engines. Today’s Porsche Boxsters offer motorists three options: 300-, 350-, and 365-horsepower four-cylinder engines. Porsche Boxsters come with manual transmissions but can easily be converted to dual-clutch automatic transmissions.
The Porsche Boxster fits a driver and one passenger comfortably. Seats are partially covered in luxurious Nappa leather. The vehicle’s infotainment system sports a 17.78-centimetre touchscreen and a six-speaker sound system. The instrument panel sits within easy reach of the driver.What are the available models of Porsche Boxsters for sale in the UK?
Porsche manufactures three different Boxster models: the base model, the S model, and the GTS model.
- Porsche Boxster base model: The Boxster base model features a 300 hp turbocharged 2.0-litre flat-four-cylinder engine, which can accelerate from zero to 60 miles per hour in 4.4 seconds using a manual transmission. It gets 35 kilometres per gallon when driven in city traffic and 45 kilometres per gallon when driven on open roads.
- Porsche Boxster S: The Porsche Boxster S is Porsche’s mid-price two-seater. It’s powered by a 2.5-litre flat-four-cylinder engine. From standing, it can reach a speed of 100 kilometres per hour in 4.3 seconds using a manual transmission.
- Porsche Boxster GTS: Porsche’s two-seater luxury model is its Boxster GTS, which is fitted with a turbocharged 2.5-litre flat-four-cylinder engine. Even with an automatic transmission, it goes from zero to 100 kilometres per hour in only 3.6 seconds.
Porsche doesn’t include standard driver assistance features in its Boxster models but it does offer them as options, so some vehicles you bid on may incorporate them:
- Adaptive cruise control: This feature calculates the distance between your car and the car in front of it and adjusts your Boxster’s automated cruising speed accordingly.
- Lane change assist: This feature uses radar to monitor your blind spots and alert you to approaching cars when you’re changing lanes.
- ParkAssist: ParkAssist uses cameras and an audible alert to guide you effortlessly into parking spots.