A Brief Overview of Ray-Ban Sunglasses
Originally designed for military aviation use in 1937, Ray-Ban sunglasses have been popular ever since. Now synonymous with style and high fashion, Ray-Bans product lines, such as the Aviator, Wayfarer, Clubmaster, and others, are as relevant as ever. If youre looking to treat yourself or someone else, you can find a wide variety of classic and contemporary styles of Ray-Ban sunglasses on eBay. Check out the listings of available models, new or previously used, being offered for immediate sale or auction.Are Ray-Ban sunglasses for men only?
No. In addition to mens styles, many other styles are unisex, and theres an extensive range designed for women, too. Look out for popular models, such as the Jackie Ohh II or the Erika Color Mix models. There are also smaller versions of many Ray-Ban styles designed for kids in a more playfully styled Junior line of sunglasses.What are the features to look out for when choosing Ray-Ban sunglasses?
Ray-Ban sunglasses offer a varied range of features for each model to give customers optimal choice. Features to look out for include:
- Lenses: Lenses include polarised lenses for greater contrast, colour tinted lenses in a range of colours, gradient-colour lenses, (darker at the top and transparent at the bottom), UV-blocking lenses, and reflective, tinted, mirror lenses just for looking cool. Some models may have several of the lens features combined.
- Frame material & colour: Frames come in a range of materials, including acetate, metal, nylon-propionate, and carbon fibre. Colours are varied, too, and include black, brown, gun-metal, and more.
- Frame shape: Apart from the original iconic pilot frame shape, there are frames that are classed as round, rectangular, and square. Of course, theyre not exactly those shapes but elegantly styled variations of them.
Popularity depends on the ever-changing landscape of fashion, but many Ray-Ban styles of sunglasses are always in demand, including:
- Aviator Classic: The original sunglasses for-pilots are highly prized by fans of Ray-Ban.
- Original Wayfarer Classic: With an iconic style dating from 1952 and popularised by celebrities, Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses are available in five colours.
- Erika: These are designed to enhance feminine charm and style.
- Izzy: Styled for young girls, the Izzy model has a rubberised front and can be found with 11 lens colours.
- Wings Junior: These have a highly distinctive pilot look and are available in a range of six gradients of lens and frame colours.