Rode Pro Audio Parts & Accessories
Established in 1967, Rode is an Australian-owned audio company that produces microphones, video equipment and a variety of other resources uses for audio and visual purposes.
The company is run by Swedish-born business owners, Henry and Astrid Freedman, who started designing amps and loudspeakers. Microphone development came later, once the business was established and the company found a way of producing a high quality microphone at a low cost to the buyer and the business.
Types of Pro Audio Parts & Accessories
Rode has a wide range of accessories to match its extensive microphone range. These comprise of microphones designed for both live and for studio use.
- Mounts - designed to hold your microphone in place, as well as to stop your microphone from picking up any unwanted sounds.
- Windshields – the furry accessory that is held over microphones to protect your microphone in external conditions, as well as project sound. They are lightweight to carry around.
- Boom poles - enable a microphone to securely attach to a windshield when recording on a live set and for the purpose of portability. Boompole clips can be bought separately to use as joiners.
- Clips and Clamps – used to attach your microphones to a music system, clamps also help to tighten up a microphone to a stand.
- Cables - used to connect a microphone to sound equipment.
Why Use Rode Accessories?
- Rode’s mounts have a function of holding cables or wires in place, to stop them stretching out across a stage or performance area.
- A boom pole is lightweight and can be carried out around easily, as well as having the function of swivelling the microphone in different directions.
Looking After Your Rode Accessories
- All equipment needs to be packed away in moulded hard cases, to protect from external weather conditions and to avoid knocks and scratches of the equipment.
- A microphone needs to be dusted regularly to stop dirt from building up.