What You Need to Know About Rolex Day-Date Wristwatches
The stylish Rolex Day-Date is a prestigious brand of watches first launched in 1956. Also known as the "President’s watch," these watches represent style and elegance wherever you go. If you are looking for a specific type of watch, then eBay can help you find what you need.How do you choose the right wristwatch?
When choosing a Rolex Day-Date wristwatch that is right for you, here are the factors you may want to consider:
- Wrist strap: The wrist strap can be made with gold, stainless steel, or leather. There are also multiple types of wrist straps, including the link band and the two-piece strap. The wrist strap typically comes in sizes of 40 millimetres and 36 millimetres.
- Case material: The case material includes gold, rose gold, platinum, silver, and stainless steel.
- Bezel: The bezel can be smooth, fluted, or fitted with precious stones.
- Dial colour: The dial can appear in various colours distinct from the rest of the watch, including black, blue, and green.
Here are some of the features you might find in the Rolex Day-Date watch. Note that only certain models may have these features.
- Self-winding mechanism: Some models have a highly complex and sophisticated self-winding mechanism that provides extra reliability and accuracy for timekeeping. The oscillator is created from a stable paramagnetic material. Despite being smaller than the size of a human hair, the blue Parachrom hairspring is highly resistant to shocks and magnetism.
- Dial design: The Rolex Day-Date was one of the first watches to display the date and the day of the week in a window of the dial. The day of the week is spelt out in full. You can also choose which language the text will appear in. Every Rolex watch offers a wide selection of different languages. The numbers of the dial usually appear as elegant bars of Roman numerals.
- Oyster case: The Oyster case is hermetically sealed to prevent damage from water and dust. This makes it ideal for water sports, diving, and swimming down to a depth of 100 metres below the surface of the water. The winding mechanism features a twin-lock waterproof system that screws down tightly against the case.
All Rolex Day-Date watches are mechanical, so they will operate on their own power without the need for a battery thanks to the self-winding mechanism inside of the watch.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Rolex.