A Quick Guide to Rollei 35 Cameras
When the Rollei 35 was first produced in 1966, it was the smallest full frame 35-millimetre camera ever sold to the public. Photographers looking for an easy-to-use film camera still love taking photos with this camera. You can find vintage and pre-owned Rollei 35 cameras on eBay.What are the differences in Rollei 35 camera models?
Twenty-two different models of Rollei 35 cameras were produced in all. Some of the highest selling models include:
- Rollei 35 s: This model is available in silver, gold, and black. It features the 2,8/40mm Sonnar lens, and it comes with a soft case, wrist strap, lens cap, and manual.
- Rollei 35 se: This black model was one of the first to feature an electronic meter. It comes with a Sonnar lens.
- Rollei 35 T: This black model was first made in Germany with a Carl Zeiss 3,4/40mm lens. After production, however, it was moved to Singapore. It comes with a Schneider S-Xenar lens or a Rollei Made Tessar lens. Those made in Germany came with a leather case, while those made in Singapore came with a leatherette case.
After the film has been loaded into the Rollei 35 camera, follow these steps to take a photo:
- Step one: Turn the exposure circle located on the left front of the camera to determine how long you want the shutter to stay open.
- Step two: Point the camera at your subject.
- Step three: Adjust the aperture dial until it is lined up with the red marker on the exposure meter.
- Step four: Turn the setting ring to the correct distance in metres to the subject.
- Step five: Look through the viewfinder, and press the shutter release button to take the picture.
There are several accessories available for Rollei 35 cameras, including:
- Camera cases: Depending on the model, Rollei 35 leather and leatherette cases may be available.
- Electronic flash strobes: These off-camera flash units provided additional lighting with most working from nine inches to 22 feet.
- Flash brackets: This type of flash was intended to be used on a tripod and connected with a cable to the camera's hotshoe.
- Lens hood: These attach to the lens of most Rollei 35 cameras to block flare and sun glare.
- Filters: Available in a variety of colours, these can create effects on the film or change colours in photos.