Your Guide to Rubber Flooring
Rubber flooring is a versatile option that works in almost any space, whether it be a home or place of business, or wherever else you would like to place it. Plus, it is water, slip, mould, and mildew resistant, making it suitable for indoor or outdoor use. Before exploring colour, texture, and size options of this flooring, which can be found on eBay for various prices, review the answers to these frequently asked questions.
Where can you install rubber flooring?
You can install rubber flooring in residential, commercial, or industrial areas. Not only is the flooring material easy to lay down, but it also takes little effort to clean and maintain. You will find three types of flooring available on eBay: rolls, tiles, and mats. Find out more about these options below:
- Rolls - Designed to cover large spaces, pre-cut rolls are available in a variety of widths and lengths. Use these rolls for easy cleanup in a garage workshop or to convert concrete floors into an entertainment area. You can also use rolls as runners, or lay the flooring on the bed of a lorry or the deck of a boat.
- Tiles - These tiles fit together like a puzzle. The interlocking design is great for covering small spaces like lavatory, kitchen, and laundry room floors.
- Mats - Great for absorbing shock, rubber mats provide cushioned comfort and safety in outdoor areas, playgrounds, and gyms.
How do you choose the right thickness for rubber flooring?
One of the most important factors to consider is how thick you want your rubber flooring to be. Think about the primary use of the area you want to cover. Flooring options range from 8mm (ultra thin) to 8cm (ultra thick). See the manufacturer site for details. Use the following guide to determine which level of thickness is right for you.
- 8mm: Suitable for home gyms and high traffic areas
- 1cm: Thick enough to provide ergonomic support and take a pounding from heavy objects
- 8cm: Generally has a support structure underneath to provide additional cushion for placement in play areas
Why should you choose rubber flooring?
With the various colour options available, you can mix and match the flooring to create geometric shapes to complement your décor. You can also choose textured flooring with diamonds, circles, and checkered patterns. Other benefits include:
- Provides added comfort underfoot
- Reduces fatigue when standing for long periods of time
- Absorbs shock from tumbles, falls, and exercises
- Muffles sound in high-traffic areas