How to Choose the Right Android Smartphone
When you're after a new smartphone, people generally want one that performs well and lets them do as little or as much as they want, whether it's only for answering calls and texts, a handheld game machine, or a selfie powerhouse. 2016 saw the release of Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone. Its waterproof metallic design, amazing screen, and superb camera are just a few of the features that make this phone stand out. The S7 touts powerful performance allowing you to work, browse, and game efficiently.
What Are the Features to Look Out for When Choosing an Android Smartphone?
Before choosing a model, there are some important considerations that you should make.
- Display: The screen size matters to many mobile phone users. While many users tend to prefer large displays, others go for smaller easy-to-handle displays. The display type and the screen resolution are as important.
- Processor: The processor is the hub of the device. Together with RAM, which is critical for multitasking, it determines the overall performance of your phone.
- Internal storage: Given that photos, music, videos, and games can take a lot of space, it's advisable to look for a phone with sufficient storage. This, of course, will depend on your storage needs.
- Camera: If you love taking photos, then you might want to opt for one with a high megapixel camera. Features such as autofocus and optical stabilization are also good factors to look at.
- Battery life: Simply put, having a phone with a good battery life will improve your phone's staying power. It's therefore advisable to look for a device with a high battery capacity.
Other factors you might want to consider include the design of the phone and the operating system.
What Are the Main Features of the Samsung Galaxy S7?
- The S7 impresses on so many levels. The standout features include;
- A superb display: The phone comes with a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED (2560 by 1440) Always-on display. The screen is covered with the Corning Gorilla Glass 4, making it scratch resistant.
- Powerful performance: The phone comes with either the Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor or Exynos 8890 octa-core processor. In addition, it comes with 4GB RAM for fluid multitasking and a smooth experience.
- Camera: The phone has a 12-megapixel rear-facing camera and 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
- Battery: The S7 packs a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with up to 22hrs talk time and up to 62 hours when listening to music. The device also supports fast charging and wireless charging.
Additionally, the Galaxy S7 comes with Bluetooth 4.2, NFC and dual-band Wi-Fi allowing users to connect to the internet SIM-free using both the 2.4GHz band and the faster and more efficient 5GHz band. You can choose between 32/64 GB versions. Both can expandable up to 256GB with a MicroSD card (using the SIM 2 slot).
While the phone features the much older Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), users can upgrade to 7.0 (Nougat) as well as the newer Android 8.0 (Oreo) as soon as it rolls out.