Tips to Finding SCART to HDMI Converters Online: Buying Guide
If you have a large collection of DVDs, watching them on your newer high-definition television can be accomplished with a SCART to HDMI converter. There’s a wide range of new and used SCART to HDMI converters available on eBay, and some can even upscale the quality of the video to better fit your television.How do you find the right SCART to HDMI converter?
Consider the following factors to help you find the right affordable converter for your needs:
- Cable length: You should measure the distance from where you’ll locate the converter box and where the TV is currently set up. This can be a factor when you have a wall-mounted television or have a special cable management system in place. You can generally choose from lengths between 1 and 9 metres.
- Connectors: HDMI connections have been changed over the years with versions such as HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0. Newer versions are backward compatible with older versions. Some televisions are also equipped with micro or mini HDMI connections. You should select connectors based on the television or other devices that you’ll connect the converter to. One end will also have the SCART connector as well.
- Type: There are two main types of converters available. SCART to HDMI will allow you to go from a SCART input such as a DVD player or older game system. HDMI to SCSRT would allow you to go from a newer input device to a SCART-enabled television.
- Brands: There is a wide range of branded and unbranded options available. You can filter results if you’re looking for a specific brand, like Neoteck, Tripp, or Ex-Pro.
The condition and features available on the SCART to HDMI converter box will play an impact on the pricing. Some converters are equipped with features that improve the visual quality of the DVD or older game system. Open-box items can be a cheaper alternative to new-in-box. SCART to HDMI cables also exist but need a converter to work properly.Features to consider when purchasing SCART to HDMI adapters
Here are some features available on SCART converters and adapters:
- Upscaling: This allows the original video to be improved to 720p or 1080i visual quality. This allows the videos to look more natural on a high-definition screen.
- Resolution switcher: Some converters have the ability to switch between a 720p and 1080i upscaling signal. This can be helpful when you have multiple systems that operate at different visual quality.