Purchase a Sliding Mitre Saw for Your Workshop
A sliding mitre saw helps you make accurate cuts for your woodworking projects. You can purchase an affordable sliding mitre saw for your workshop on eBay. Here are a few things to know before you make a purchase.How much power is needed to run a mitre saw?
Mitre saws have a variety of power options. You can find one that will provide you with enough strength to cut through any job. A normal sliding mitre saw can draw between 12 and 15 amps. These tools are designed to be powered by 120 volts. Some sliding mitre saws are rated for industrial use as well.What are some features found on a sliding mitre saw?
Mitre saws have a wide variety of features to make your work a bit easier. Some of these features include the following:
- Blade Size - Mitre saw blades are available in 203, 254, and 304 millimetres. Larger blades can make longer cuts.
- Positive Stops - You can make precise cuts for specific angles. Positive stops can decrease the time between changing cuts.
- Depth Stops - You can control the height of the blade with a depth stop.
- Electric Brakes - A brake will stop the flow of electricity to your saw.
- Spindle Locks - The shaft and blade are immobilised for an easier blade change.
- Dust Chutes - A blower will move the sawdust away from your work area.
- Table Extensions - The extensions can support longer pieces for a more accurate cut.
- Guide Lights - These guides cast a beam to help you make an accurate cut.
- Digital Displays - The displays provide you with easy-to-read settings and bevel levels.
A mitre saw is a specialised tool. This specialty saw allows you to make cuts in a wide range of angles. The blade is mounted on a swing arm mechanism. The arm can pivot to the right or the left. This flexibility helps you produce an angled cut. You can use the mitre saw to cut picture frames, window casings, door frames, and crown mouldings. There are three types of mitre saws. A compound saw can make compound cuts in one pass. A dual compound mitre saw creates bevels for all your cuts. A sliding mitre saw is the most versatile of all the variations. The sliding arm allows you to move the cutting blade back and forth. This allows you to increase the length of the cut as you work. Many affordable options can be found on eBay.