Upgrade Your Charging Capability with a Sony Xperia Charger
Mobile phone developers, including Sony, have been standardised charging devices over the last decade. Sony is known for producing many charging devices, including USB Type-C chargers and Quick Charge cables. You can choose from a vast selection of Sony Xperia chargers available on eBay.Is a Sony Xperia USB-C charger compatible with other Xperia devices?
Sony began producing devices with USB Type-C connectors in 2016. This means that many devices from the Xperia L series and the X series are compatible with USB-C chargers, including the Sony Xperia X Compact, XZ Premium, and the XZs.Do Sony Xperia chargers support Quick Charge technology?
Many Sony Xperia chargers do support Quick Charge. Quick Charge is a trademarked term that refers to a specific charging technology that can be found in many mobile devices. USB chargers which support this feature are capable of charging devices four times faster than conventional charging units. There are two versions of QC technology available, including QC 2.0 and QC 3.0. Chargers equipped with 3.0 can begin loading at 20 volts. Quick Charge is a feature that comes in handy if you need to revive a dead phone. To utilise Quick Charge, smartphones, tablets, and chargers will need to support QC technology. Sony Xperia devices which support QC 2.0 and QC 3.0 include:
- The XZ1, XZ1 Compact, XZ2 Compact, and the XZ2 Premium.
- The X/X Dual-SIM and Xperia Z series for tablets.
USB-C features a unique connector that's one-third the size of a USB Type-A connector. Its small size allows you to fit it into a thin Sony charging port and transfer large amounts of data at fast speeds. Here are some of the benefits of owning a USB Type-C Sony charger:
- It is reversible: You won’t need to flip the connector to find the correct orientation. USB-C has a shape that adapts to all devices, so you don’t have to buy multiple cables for connectors with different shapes.
- It is fast: The cable can be used to charge your device as well as transfer data to your computer.
- Fast-charging: USB 3.1 cables deliver a power of 15W, which is much more than regular cables.