Learn More About Surf Fishing Rods
When you’re fishing from the shore, beach casting rods on eBay are a must. These rods are designed to cast your lure farther than traditional rods; that way, you can reach the fish that swim in deeper waters. Whether you’re heading for an ocean or a large lake, a great surf rod makes it easier to reel in the catch of the day.Essential factors to consider when choosing surfcasting rods on eBay
As you’re looking at different new or pre-owned beach casting rods for sale, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Length: The length of a rod has a big impact on your fishing experience. In general, shorter anglers should choose a shorter rod for easier manoeuvring. If you have a strong upper body, you can also opt for a longer rod. Planning to cast for bigger, heavier fish? A longer rod will give you more leverage in pulling it in.
- Strength: The strength of used beach casters affects your ability to reel in a fish. The stronger the rod is, the more weight it can support. If you’re not sure what you’re fishing for, a rod with medium power is a versatile choice.
- Reel: If you’re buying beach caster rods with included reels, the reel type is an important consideration. A spinning reel is easy to use, so it’s ideal for beginners. A conventional reel has more drag, but it allows you to cast farther and pull in bigger fish.
- Action: Action is the distance that beach casting rods can bend. Usually, it’s defined as slow action or fast action. Fast action means that the rod’s tip bends; slow action means that the rod bends from the middle. If you’re using a fast-setting lure, go for a fast-action rod. For larger hooks, a slow-action rod is fine.
Some brands that make surf rods include:
- Daiwa: This brand manufactures a wide range of surf rods, including tournament-style and in-shore light action rods
- CENTURY: This brand makes high-end surf fishing rods with fast, slow, and moderate action ratings
- Penn: Penn makes affordable surf fishing rods in both spinning and conventional styles
Buying surf rods on eBay is a great way to save money. As you’re looking at used surf rods for sale, the most important thing to look for is the condition. Make sure the rod doesn’t have any cracks. It’s also a good idea to look for an extreme bend; this can indicate that the rod might have lost some of its rebound power.