Find Swimming Costumes for Women
Whether you want the cutest ladies' swimming costume for a hen getaway or to wear on holiday at the beach, eBay has your style. View the charming swimming costume options on eBay to find the right one. Choose from swimwear that’s bog-standard or as exotic as you wish.Choosing from wide varieties of necklines and briefs
Women know certain ladies' swimming costumes offer figure-flattering cuts and details. The following terms are commonly used with swimming costumes for women:
- Bandeau, strappy, spaghetti strap, halter neck – Bandeau necklines describe strapless swimming costumes. Strappy spaghetti straps are thin strings of fabric that help hold your swimwear up. Halter necks are a cleavage-enhancing single strap that fits around the neck.
- Scoop neck, sports square neck, V-neck – Scoop defines any rounded, wide, open neckline. Sports square necklines offer sturdy and stylish support with thicker shoulder straps. V-neck models suggest a sexy look without actually revealing more cleavage by using shadows.
- Thongs, side-tie – Thong briefs cover just your essentials while showing your cheeky side to show off your bum. Side-ties are bottoms that tie with spaghetti or sash straps and adjustable for your size.
- Boyshorts, briefs – Boyshort bottoms offer the comfort of short shorts and flatter a thin figure. Briefs allow for a higher waist and low, thigh-cut bottoms that cover more skin than the usual bikini bottoms.
- French knickers – A high-waisted bikini with side openings, these bottoms are as skimpy or modest as you want.
Naturally, you want a right and proper fit when buying new or used swimming costume. A flexible tape measure helps you determine your size. Measure under the bust by wrapping tape straight around your back until it meets under your bust and record the centimetres. To measure your bust size, wrap the tape straight around your back and over your breasts, marking the centimetres where it meets.
Get the correct waist size by circling the measuring tape around your natural waistline. This is located above your belly button and below your ribcage. Note the centimetres. Hip measurements are determined by wrapping tape loosely around the largest part of your bum and the widest area of your hips. Notate the centimetres and use these four measurements to find the correct fit.What features matter when buying new or pre-owned swimming costumes?
While many women prefer few embellishments on their full swimming costume for ladies, others prefer fancy decorations and colourful swimming costumes. These are features commonly found with a swimming dress:
- Tummy control – This handy hidden panel acts like a girdle inside your swimwear and minimises tummy size.
- Rhinestone, crystals, and/or sequinned decorations – When you have no fear of wearing a sparkly, shiny swim costume, look for these embellishments.
- Ruched/scrunched look – Typically located along the sides of a swimming costume, this bunched material accentuates and flatters the waist.