Guidelines on Buying a Space-Saving TV Ceiling Bracket
Light, flat-screen TVs allow the option of mounting your TV on a wall or ceiling bracket. Not only does this save you valuable space, but it also gives you optimum viewing conditions. You can tilt or swivel the TV on its mount to reduce glare or to watch your favourite shows from greater distances or other angles. Whether you're a homeowner looking for a TV bracket to fit in a kitchen corner or a retailer who needs a mounting for several monitors, eBay has such a wide variety that you're sure to find one to match your requirements.How can you find the right ceiling TV bracket?
Before looking at the wide selection of wall and ceiling TV brackets available on eBay, there are a number of factors you need to consider such as:
- Weight: The mount needs to be strong enough to bear the weight of your TV.
- Brand of TV: TVs have different dimensions so allow for the size of the screen, bezel, and/or speakers.
- Position of the mount: Do you prefer a mount flush to the wall, set away from the wall, or suspended from the ceiling?
- Style of mount: Choose between a stationary or a tilt and/or swivel bracket (manually-operated or motorised).
- Number of monitors: Single-monitor brackets are ideal for domestic use while retailers may need a multi-mount bracket (arranged vertically or horizontally).
- Adjustability: Can you adjust the height of the ceiling TV bracket?
At the back of your TV, you'll find 4 mounting screw-holes which are in a square or rectangular formation. Measuring the horizontal and vertical measurements in millimetres will give you the standardised VESA (Video Electronics Standards Association) number. Alternatively, see the manufacturer's site for details. Matching these measurements with the bracket you wish to purchase will ensure that it's compatible with your TV.Do you need to buy mounting materials?
Although most of the wall or ceiling TV brackets on eBay are sold with all the mounting materials you need (such as screws), you should always check. When installing your bracket, ensure that the mounting materials are suitable for the surface to which they're being attached. Each ceiling TV bracket may have a slightly different procedure, so refer to the manufacturer's instructions.