A Guide to Shopping for Talbot Classic Cars
Talbots were a line of passenger cars that were manufactured between 1903 and 1958. Between 1979 and 1994, Chrysler Europe, a subsidiary of the Peugeot Citroën Group, revived the marque. If you’re looking for a Talbot Sunbeam for sale or a Talbot Samba for sale, eBay is the place to shop.British Talbot models
Over the years, many different vehicle models were manufactured at UK factories under the Talbot name, including:
- Talbot Horizon: The Talbot Horizon was a hatchback saloon sold between 1978 and 1987 under Chrysler branding. In 1979, a consortium of vehicle magazines chose the Horizon as the European Car of the Year.
- Talbot Sunbeam: The Talbot Sunbeam was a three-door, hatchback mini coupé that was manufactured between 1977 and 1981.
- Talbot Lotus: The Talbot Lotus was initially developed as racing version of the Talbot Sunbeam. A road model was subsequently developed that used the 2.2-litre Lotus engine. The road saloon was marketed as the Talbot Sunbeam Lotus.
No, several Talbot models were manufactured in French factories. These included:
- Talbot Lago: Talbot Lago models included luxurious passenger cars as well high-performance racing vehicles. They were manufactured between 1932 and 1954.
- Talbot Solara: The Talbot Solara was a four-door saloon that featured alloy wheels, cruise control, headlamp wash/wipe, power steering, a trip computer, and a choice of either a 1.3-litre or 1.6-litre engine. The Solara was manufactured between 1980 and 1986.
- Talbot Samba: The Talbot Samba was a three-door hatchback that was manufactured between 1981 and 1986. The Samba was the only Talbot model that wasn’t a Chrysler legacy model but was entirely engineered by the Peugeot Citroën Group.
The Talbot Express was a commercial van manufactured in the UK between 1986 and 1991. It’s a vehicle that’s easily converted into a campervan, so it’s a common sight on roadways throughout the UK.What should you think about when you’re buying a Talbot?
Check the wheel walls, the vehicle’s undercarriage, and the trunk carefully for any rust. If you find corrosion, make sure you have a plan in place for dealing with it. Buying a Talbot with high mileage may mean that you will have to replace engine components. Also, make note of whether any upgrades or improvements were made to the vehicle or if it still has all its original manufacturer parts.