Drive Your Own Taxi Every Day
Taxi companies often list a taxi for sale after it has reached a certain mileage. These black taxis for sale are often in great working order because they have been painstakingly maintained by the company. By searching for a taxi for sale on eBay, you can find a variety of different well-maintained and unique taxis on the private market, such as a black cab for sale or an LTI taxi for sale.What types of taxis for sale are there?
If you're just starting your search for your own taxi, you may be surprised by the variety of models that are available, including:
- Standard London taxi: Of course, you can find the standard London taxi for sale in the most common black cab configuration. There are more used London taxis for sale on eBay than any other type in the UK. Most of these taxis were in regular service with a cab company, and finding a black cab for sale only used once may be tricky.
- Minivan-style taxi: One of the most common types of a taxi is the minivan-style taxi. These taxis are often painted yellow rather than black like the London cabs. If you have a family and you're looking for a well-maintained and affordable vehicle for the school run, this may be a good choice.
- Hybrid taxi: There are also some hybrid taxis available. These vehicles will help you save money on petrol and may allow you to avoid the London congestion charge if you live in this area. There are generally fewer hybrid taxis available than other types of taxis, but you can usually find a few on eBay.
There are several important things that you should look for when you're buying a used taxi on eBay, including:
- Maintenance records: A complete maintenance record may be the most important thing that you should look for when buying a used taxi online. You want to ensure that every service is documented throughout the life of the vehicle. You should ensure that every repair has been documented as well.
- Mileage: Try to find a taxi with fewer than 100,000 miles. Keep in mind that taxis are generally well-maintained, so it's okay if the one you like has a few more miles on the clock.
- Features: Look for useful features like a rear-view camera and power mirrors.
The most-known manufacturer of taxis in the UK is LTI. They make the iconic black cab often seen in London. There are many manufacturers that make yellow cabs, with Nissan and Toyota being two of the biggest.