Shop by category
Sports & Fitness
Save on Tennis Equipment
- Luxilon - Big Banger Original No 1 String - 200m reel – 1.30mm / 130 *Free P&P*£124.95Trending at £151.78
- Yonex Poly Tour Pro 1.25 (graphite) 200m reel£62.49Trending at £80.18
- Mantis Trainer Tennis Balls | Assorted Quantities Training Practice Ball£7.00Trending at £9.11
- BABOLAT VS Team SET 17/1.25 - Natural£29.99Trending at £30.85
- Yonex Poly Tour Pro 1.20mm (yellow) 200m reel£62.49Trending at £63.25
- **New** SKLZ Powerbase Tennis Multi-Skill Solo Practice Trainer£24.95Trending at £25.30
- Babolat Elasto Cross Tennis String Savers - Beige - Free UK P&P£7.99Trending at £8.07
- Babolat VS Original Overgrip 12 Pack - White£14.75Trending at £14.98
- Wilson Sensation 16 Tennis String - 200m ReelTrending price£6.07 New
- 2x Tennis Squash Badminton Racket Grip Tape Anti Slip Stretchy Overgrip UKTrending price£5.05 New
- Custom Damp2 X2 Dampener Black One SizeTrending price£6.03 New
- Wilson Pro Over Grip Pack of 12 - White/whiteTrending price£15.08 New
- Tecnifibre X-one Biphase 1.30 Tennis String Set Xonebi130 NaturalTrending price£18.11 New
- ASICS GEL Dedicate 3 Indoor E327y-0199 Mens Trainers Tennis UK 5 to 13 Only UK 10Trending price£27.25 New
- Original Mens Nike Vapor Court Tennis Sports Walking Casual Training Trainers UK Size 9Trending price£30.20 New
- Ladies Branded Slazenger Breathable Sport Baseline Tennis Skort Skirt Size 8-14 Red 14 (l)Trending price£23.23 New
Limited time deals
- 2 x Wilson Federer 110 Tennis Rackets + 3 Tennis Balls RRP £90£44.99
- Mantis Pro 295 2 Tennis Racket - 2015 - CLEARANCE£54.99
- 3 x KARAKAL DUO PU SUPER GRIPS BADMINTON TENNIS SQUASH!£6.99
- 9" JUMBO Tennis Ball For Kids And Pets, Fun Play For Everyone£9.49
- Pros Pro 72 Tennis Basket Ball Hopper / Collector FREE DELIVERY£27.99
- Yonex Hi Soft Grap Tennis Squash Badminton Replacement Grip - Black - Pack of 2£6.49
- Babolat Tennis Racket String Stencil and White Ink Marker£14.99
- Hi-Tec T501 SJENG Squash Trainer Tennis Badminton Running Shoe White - CLEARANCE£13.99
Hot this week
- Used Tennis Balls - Ideal Dog Toys/Chews/Cricket/Beach - 6,15,20,30,50 or 60£5.4567 sold
- Head Instinct Tennis Balls (4 Balls) Tennis Equipment Balls Yellow£3.5056 sold
- HIGH QUALITY TENNIS SQUASH BADMINTON RACKET GRIP TAPE ANTI SLIP OVERGRIP UK£1.6742 sold
- HEAD HIGH QUALITY TENNIS SQUASH BADMINTON RACKET GRIP TAPE ANTI SLIP OVERGRIP£2.9737 sold
- Well Used Tennis Balls - Ideal Dog Toys/Chews/Cricket 6, 15, 20, 30, 50 or 60£5.2536 sold
- Head Radical Tennis Balls - 1doz – Free 48hr P&P - Best UK Price£11.9936 sold
- KIDS 2 PLAYER TENNIS RACQUET SET ALUMINIUM METAL RACKETS & BALL CARRYING CASE£7.9527 sold
- New Yonex Badminton Squash Tennis Racket Grip Grips UK£1.9827 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
Since originating in England in the late 19th century, tennis has gained an international following and the modern game has never been more popular. In fact, both singles and doubles tennis tournaments are two of the most popular events at the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
There are thousands of different tennis rackets on the market, but they can be broadly grouped into three categories. Control rackets are heavier with a small head and are favoured by advanced players. Powerful rackets, typically lightweight with larger heads, work well for the majority of intermediate players. Beginner or junior rackets are ultra-lightweight, with an oversized head, these are ideal for youngsters and newcomers to the sport.
Different tennis balls are suited to different types of playing. Professional players need tennis balls that won't fray or drag through the air, so they must be excellent quality. Intermediate players will use cheaper tennis balls than professionals, but they still want something fairly durable and consistent. Beginners tend to choose cheaper and therefore lower quality tennis balls, as it's only with a little experience that players start to notice any difference.
Most modern tennis clothing including skirts, shorts and tops and all are made from specially engineered performance fabric. As well as being functional by absorbing sweat and often incorporating features such as ball pockets and abrasion-free seams, tennis clothing is also designed to look stylish. Perfect for players who want to be able to wear their gear off court as well as on court.
Tennis shoes and trainers
Tennis shoes are designed specifically for tennis players, so they're different to standard sports shoes and trainers in a number of ways. They're heavier, but slimmer for agility. They have thin soles for flexibility and they have harder heels for stability. This means that tennis shoes and trainers offer maximum support for players as they move around the court.