Check Out Cheap Unlocked Android Smartphones
There is a good range of unlocked android mobile phones for sale on eBay, so you can have a phone that suits your needs without paying a fortune for it. Unlocked Android smartphones come in a range of styles and sizes, from basic models to the latest devices.Benefits of an unlocked phone
When phones are bought in large job lots, they are often 'locked' to a certain service provider. This means that you must use that carrier's service in order to receive phone calls and send and receive text messages. The 'lock' is a piece of software that responds only to the chosen network's signals. Having an unlocked Android smartphone means that you are free to choose whichever network has the best deal to suit your needs.What does Android mean?
Android refers to the operating system used by the phone manufacturer. Android was developed by Google and is used by a number of phone manufacturers, including Samsung, so if you see Samsung unlocked smartphones on offer, you know they run on Android. Each time an upgraded version of the operating system is released, it is given the name of a piece of confectionary, such as Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, or Jellybean.
Which manufacturers' phones are Android?
As well as Samsung, the following can be found as new or refurbished unlocked Android phones:
- Huawei: Chinese phones, Huawei enjoys a great reputation for innovation.
- Toshiba: These smartphones appear under the name of Regza.
- Motorola: The first company to sell a mobile phone sold its smartphone division to Google, which passed it on to Lenovo within two years.
- Sony/Sony Ericsson: The telecommunications giant broke its mobile section off into a standalone business, while still contracting to Ericsson for its superior audio offerings.
- Panasonic: The Japanese company has proven profitable, selling all manner of electronic goods.
- LG: Like Samsung, LG is a South Korean company, with global sales in the trillions.
- Nokia: The manufacturer of the toughest mobile phones, the company is Finnish and got its start in the forestry and rubber industries.
This list is not comprehensive and there are other brands available.How to choose between unlocked Android smartphones
The choice of phone is usually a personal and economical one. Once you have set your budget for the handset, you can begin to narrow down your options. Most Android smartphones come with cameras, the facility to make and receive calls and SMS messages, and – perhaps most importantly – access to Google's Play Store (formerly Android Market) in order to download apps that can be free or paid for. If you like photography. you would prefer a high-end camera in your new unlocked Android smartphone, while writers prefer writing programmes, proofreading checkers and perhaps word puzzles, and busy parents and business people make great use of personal organisers and calendar apps.