Keep Multiple Devices Powered with a USB Plug Adapter
A Universal Serial Bus, USB, is used in nearly every mobile device, thanks to its compatibility with different systems and ease of use. In most households, the numbers of USB-based devices are more than the number of USB charging ports. Therefore, it is worth buying a USB charger adapter on eBay to keep all your devices charged.What features should you consider when buying a USB plug adapter?
All plug adapters are different and serve a range of needs. Some of the features to consider are:
- The number of ports: Plug adapters come with one or more ports. You should opt for an adapter that can serve as many devices as possible.
- Amperage and voltage: The power delivered by the USB charger adapter should match the charging specifications of your device.
- USB charger version: The common USB charger speeds are USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1, and USB C. USB 3.x is also known as super-speed and is denoted by an SS (double S) close to the port.
Using a 3000mA adapter to charge a device rated at 900mA can spoil your phone or tablet. You should be careful when choosing USB-C chargers because of their high power delivery. Some other things to keep in mind are:
- Certification: Ensure the adapter has the CE mark or other quality certification based on the country of origin.
- Avoid bargain-priced new adapters: When it comes to electronics, it pays to invest in a good-quality new charger or adapter.
- Opt for trusted brands: Choose a phone-specific adapter or stick to proven brands.
A phone charger draws less power than a tablet charger. Consequently, it will take more hours than usual to charge a tablet when using a charger designed for a phone. However, most modern phones can handle a high charging power.What is the difference between USB on-the-go (OTG) and USB hub?
A USB hub, based on the specs, can serve both as a charging adapter and for data transfer and is compatible with most devices. USB OTG, on the other hand, is a unique device that allows sharing data only. Again, not all phones are USB OTG compatible.