What You Should Know About Virago Yamaha Motorcycles and Scooters
The Yamaha Virago V-Twin cruiser motorcycle was designed for comfort and ease of handling as you ride down the highway. The Virago production line created about nine different models between 1987 and 2007. Here is what you should know about shopping for a Yamaha Virago for sale on eBay.What pre-owned Yamaha Virago models are available?
Yamaha produced the following Virago models. See the manufacturer site for details.
- XV125: The Yamaha Virago 125 was built with a 125cc engine, seat height of 685 mm, wheelbase of 1.495 mm, and top speed of roughly 96 km/h. The low seat, easy handling, and long wheelbase makes it suitable for beginning riders to use as their first motorcycle.
- XV250: The Virago Motorcycle XV250 is another bike favored by beginning riders. It has a 249cc engine, seat height of 685.8 mm, wheelbase of 1490.98 mm, top speed of about 112 km/h, and gets about 29 km/l
- XV400: The XV400 is a more powerful bike with its 399cc engine, seat height of 700 mm, wheelbase of 1511 mm, top speed of 135 km/h, and mileage of 18.91 km/l.
- XV500: The XV500 has a 494cc engine with a top speed of 175 km/h and a mileage of 21.68 km/l.
- XV535: The XV535 is powered with a four-stroke 535cc engine. It has a top speed of 159.8 km/h and its mileage is about 20 km/l.
- XV700: A 699cc engine powers the XV700. Its top speed is 202 km/h and its mileage is 18.83 km/l.
- XV750: The 95 Yamaha Virago 750 specs include a 748cc engine that produces a top speed of about 161 km/h. Its mileage varies depending on the model year and ranges from 12.75 to 17.77 km/l.
- XV920R: The XV920R is fitted with a 920cc engine and can produce speeds up to 169 km/h. The mileage of an XV920R is about 12.41 km/l.
- XV1000: The Yamaha Virago 1100 for sale in the UK comes with a 981cc engine and its speed tops out at 180 km/h. Its mileage is about 19 km/l.
You can find the Virago in black, blue, brown, burgundy, maroon, green, grey, orange, red, and yellow.How do you choose the right type of Virago to ride?
There are three main considerations you should think about when choosing the right Virago for you:
- You want a bike that fits your body size.
- You need to make sure you can handle the power the bike produces.
- You should also have a bike that is comfortable to ride, especially if you plan to travel long distances.