Everything You Need to Know About Buying Volkswagen Passat Cars
You need a comfortable way to run errands or travel on holidays with several friends or family members, and a gently used Volkswagen Passat makes this possible. In production under the Volkswagen Passat and some other names since 1972, this large family car is available in a range of model years and updates. On eBay, you can choose from different colours, layouts, and specifications of Volkswagen Passats for sale at reasonable prices.Which types of engines are in the stylish Volkswagen Passat?
The available engines for a pre-owned Volkswagen Passat include the four-cylinder OHC 1.3-litre and 1.5-litre, available in the first generation. In 1975, an SOHC 1.5-litre and 1.6-litre were available. In 1978, the VW Golf's 1.5-litre diesel was used in the Passat. A fuel-injected version was released in model year 1979. By 1991, they increased the engines to 1.9 to 2.2 litres. In 1992, this was further increased with the 2.8-litre VR6 engine. Since 2015, the Passats have a 1.4-litre TSI petrol engine.Specifications of a reasonably priced VW Passat for sale
The specifications of an affordable used VW Passat include:
- Wheel base: The range is 2.700 to 2.803 metres.
- Curb weight: The range is 1,170 to 1,490 kilogrammes.
- Transmission: There are three- to seven-speed automatic and four- to six-speed manual transmissions.
- Measurements: Their measurements range from 3.900 to 4.875 metres long by 1.755 to 1.834 metres wide by 1.355 to 1.487 metres tall.
- Drivetrain: There are front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive options.
The available body styles of a big VW Passat include:
- Sedan: This has separate boot, passenger, and bonnet areas and has been available in all model years since 1972.
- Hatchback: The boot is open to the passenger compartment, and this body style was released in 1981.
- Station wagon: This body style has been available since 1982.
- Crossover: The 2010 Alltrack bridges the gap between station wagon and sport utility vehicle.
When you're shopping for a VW Passat, consider its:
- Model year: The range is 1972 to 2019.
- Colour: The options include beige, black, grey, silver, white, red, blue, burgundy, gold, and green.
- Number of doors: The range is two to five.
- Comfort options: These include cruise control, climate control, heated seats, and tilting steering wheel.
- Convenience options: These include powered windows, locks, mirrors, seats, and a sunroof.